Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Locations (USA, Canada, Asia, etc...) > Europe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Europe England, Holland, Denmark, Germany, etc...
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-22-2002, 01:39 PM   #16
nuro
AF Newbie

Do what i'm doing. Import EVERYTHING from the US yourself. Get the brands that will give your car what it wants, not generic brands here. I will die the day i put a remus exhaust on my prelude. To me, it just doesnt seem right on a japanese car! For a catback, i'd suggest the greddy evo, tanabe racing medalion (LOUD!!!), mugen, spoon, Apexi N1. (personally i'm either buying the greddy or apexi).

Do not get the JDM type S cams!!!!! The JDM type S is a higher compression engine so if you think you will get the gains of a type S you are wrong. Get the crower stage 2 cams, those will give u the best gains on the prelude. I haven't decided yet but i think i might supercharge the prelude, in which case I shouldnt change cams at all.

I haven't looked into ties+sways yet, since i need to replace my shocks first, but i know that neuspeed/spoon/dc sport are good.

Brakelines - put NSX brakes on your lude! everthing will fit great

I just ordered a pair of reverse indiglo guages for 40 dollars. Indiglos can be even cheaper. www.ebay.com. make sure the seller ships internationally. procarparts.com also. The problem with these is you will have to cut the odometer/tripometer so it matches. Euro preleude gauges are the same except for the odometer and tripometer are switched, so one needs to be widened. The other obvious problem is that you will be seeing mph big and km/h small. Since i'm used to both, i didn't care and the guages i found were soo, soo, SOOOOO pretty!!!

I know "mulsanne" is a shop that does good things with japanese cars and has representations in france, switzerland, belgium, and other countries. I go there from time to time, and the people i have found know a LOT. Pricewise, all they are doing is importing pieces from Osaka or Los Angeles, which i can do myself thankyouverymuch! Sometimes they are cheaper though, but sometimes if i go about it myself, i can find it cheaper.

Where do you live Veetec, what can you legally do to your car? And if you dont care about the law, what do you want to do illegally?
nuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 02:04 PM   #17
AccordCE8
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to AccordCE8
A friend of mine had a prelude with 4ws, it drove really nice, sitting in the back seat really feels weird when cornering fast.
Now i know what atts is again, it's a better way than other car manufactures do, they have a kind of brake-assist which 'removes'power/grip... atts gives more power grip to the wheel that still has contact, nice system.
Do you have to pay import tax when importing stuf to your country? In the netherlands that is a quite big amount of money 2 pay which makes importing not attractive. Or do you know a smart way to don't have 2 pay import-tax?
Old 02-22-2002, 03:13 PM   #18
nuro
AF Newbie

I have to pay 10% import tax i think. Lets analyse this: Imagine i want to get a header for my prelude. DC sports header: 300 dollars. Shipping, lets be generous and say 100 dollars. Import tax: 30 dollars. If you don't want to do the install yourself i'm *guessing* you're gonna pay about another 100 dollars. Total : 530 dollars, plus you get *the* brand you want for your car. (DC ceramic headers YUM YUM YUM). Now i dont know how expensive stuff is where you live, but over here if i want a header i will pay, oh, 1100 swiss francs. Lets be generous again and say thats with install included. Lets say the dollar is at 1.65 to the swiss franc. I get 667 dollars for the price in switzerland. So going through the US just saved me at least 137 dollars. Now why would i ever want to suffer buying some B.S. brand here and hoping itll do something instead of buying an item that has been dyno-proven to give me X horsepower gain at a cheaper cost!!!

To answer your import tax question: if you know anyone in the US just ship it to them and have them ship it to you as a personal item/gift.
Old 02-22-2002, 03:18 PM   #19
nuro
AF Newbie

ATTS is a good answer to the understeer problem of FWD cars. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think the new toyota celica has something similar to the ATTS system. I don't know of ANY car manufacturer that does the brake/assist for front wheel drive cars though (RWD or AWD, ok). Also, brake/assist is dumb IMHO, i like to be in control of my car. When i was driving my friends 310 horsepower Camaro, i took the traction control off.
Old 02-23-2002, 07:35 AM   #20
Veetec
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Veetec Send a message via AIM to Veetec
Quote:
Originally posted by nuro
Do what i'm doing. Import EVERYTHING from the US yourself. Get the brands that will give your car what it wants, not generic brands here. I will die the day i put a remus exhaust on my prelude. To me, it just doesnt seem right on a japanese car! For a catback, i'd suggest the greddy evo, tanabe racing medalion (LOUD!!!), mugen, spoon, Apexi N1. (personally i'm either buying the greddy or apexi).

Do not get the JDM type S cams!!!!! The JDM type S is a higher compression engine so if you think you will get the gains of a type S you are wrong. Get the crower stage 2 cams, those will give u the best gains on the prelude. I haven't decided yet but i think i might supercharge the prelude, in which case I shouldnt change cams at all.

I haven't looked into ties+sways yet, since i need to replace my shocks first, but i know that neuspeed/spoon/dc sport are good.

Brakelines - put NSX brakes on your lude! everthing will fit great

I just ordered a pair of reverse indiglo guages for 40 dollars. Indiglos can be even cheaper. www.ebay.com. make sure the seller ships internationally. procarparts.com also. The problem with these is you will have to cut the odometer/tripometer so it matches. Euro preleude gauges are the same except for the odometer and tripometer are switched, so one needs to be widened. The other obvious problem is that you will be seeing mph big and km/h small. Since i'm used to both, i didn't care and the guages i found were soo, soo, SOOOOO pretty!!!

I know "mulsanne" is a shop that does good things with japanese cars and has representations in france, switzerland, belgium, and other countries. I go there from time to time, and the people i have found know a LOT. Pricewise, all they are doing is importing pieces from Osaka or Los Angeles, which i can do myself thankyouverymuch! Sometimes they are cheaper though, but sometimes if i go about it myself, i can find it cheaper.

Where do you live Veetec, what can you legally do to your car? And if you dont care about the law, what do you want to do illegally?
But importing everything from the states means that every order will need between 3-8 weeks to arrive here and if anything is wrong or doesn´t fit I´m in big trouble. But at the end you´re right. It would be cheaper most of the time.
I was thinking about the Mugen system, Thermal R&D (??) or the DC-Sports catback system. But in the moment I´m low on funds anyways.

I´ll never go and buy new cams or stuff like that. I was thinking about the JRSC either but like I´ve already said....I´m totally broke in the moment! But this would be the way to go for me.

NSX brakes? Will they fit with the 16" stock rims? And I´d guess that this would be hella expensive.

About suspension: Koni yellows and Eibach springs are already installed. I´m just waiting for my Neuspeed fron upper strut-tower bar. If you want to buy one either then go with Spoon or Neuspeed. They are offering the best strut-tower bars for 5th gen Preludes.

I´m living in germany in a city called "Aachen". Laws are very strict over here. But I don´t have got big plans in the moment anyways. Like I´ve said I´m looking for better brakes and an exhaust system because I don´t like the fake exhaust tips which are coming stock with the Prelude. But I don´t want it to become too loud on the other site. I just have to wait till I´ve saved up some money again first.

So indiglo gauges don´t fit well on european Preludes or what do you mean?
Veetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 11:40 AM   #21
nuro
AF Newbie

Quote:
But importing everything from the states means that every order will need between 3-8 weeks to arrive here and if anything is wrong or doesn´t fit I´m in big trouble.
1. patience is a virtue
2. if you order the best stuff, it will fit. have faith.

Quote:
I was thinking about the Mugen system, Thermal R&D (??) or the DC-Sports catback system.
Forgot to mention thermal. my bad.

Quote:
NSX brakes? Will they fit with the 16" stock rims? And I´d guess that this would be hella expensive.
NSX brakes do in fact fit on stock rims, but double chekc with a honda dealer. For the price, i have no idea.

Quote:
Koni yellows and Eibach springs are already installed.
Good choices . I'm gonna order koni yellows (those are the 5 way adjustable ones, right?) and i have H+R springs on.

Quote:
Laws are very strict over here.
they are here too. i feel your pain.

Quote:
So indiglo gauges don´t fit well on european Preludes or what do you mean?
Indiglo guages from the US have these problems:
1. you no longer have the outer rim of your speedometer measured in km/h, but in miles per hour. the inner rim is usually in km/h
2. our odometer (the # of kilometers you have travelled) and the resettable odometer (i call it the tripometer) slots are reversed. So we have a narrow slot on top, and a wide one on the bottom. You will have to widen the one on top with a knife.

If you order indiglo guages made for the european prelude, you wont encounter these problems.

I'll warn you in advance about another thing too: sometimes people experience problems with these. You could have them professionally installed, but that costs money (i odnt know how much). Or you could do it yourself and be VERY VERY careful. Read: DO NOT TAKE OFF THE NEEDLES. Gently work the guages around them. make sure it fits right or you might get a sticky tach.
Old 02-23-2002, 12:41 PM   #22
AccordCE8
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to AccordCE8
Quote:
Originally posted by Veetec

About suspension: Koni yellows and Eibach springs are already installed. I´m just waiting for my Neuspeed fron upper strut-tower bar. If you want to buy one either then go with Spoon or Neuspeed. They are offering the best strut-tower bars for 5th gen Preludes.

Where did you get your neuspeed upper strut-bar and how much does it cost you? What I found out it was all together about $200 or so for my car, quite costly
Old 02-23-2002, 03:23 PM   #23
Veetec
AF Fanatic

I´m already waiting for about 4 or 5 weeks and my Neuspeed strut-tower bar is still not here. And it´s possible that it will still take 4-8 weeks because Neuspeed isn´t able to produce enough for the 5th gen Prelude. Too many people want one.

I´m looking for a carback system which isn´t too loud so the Thermal system seems to be the best bet for me. I´d really like to get the Mugen system but it´s damn expensive!

I think it´ll be fine with me that the outer rim of the speedo is in miles as long as the inner one is in km/h.
But are there any indiglo gauges for the european Prelude?
Old 02-23-2002, 11:11 PM   #24
nuro
AF Newbie

Quote:
I´m already waiting for about 4 or 5 weeks and my Neuspeed strut-tower bar is still not here. And it´s possible that it will still take 4-8 weeks because Neuspeed isn´t able to produce enough for the 5th gen Prelude. Too many people want one.

I´m looking for a carback system which isn´t too loud so the Thermal system seems to be the best bet for me. I´d really like to get the Mugen system but it´s damn expensive!

I think it´ll be fine with me that the outer rim of the speedo is in miles as long as the inner one is in km/h.
But are there any indiglo gauges for the european Prelude?
veetec you should send me your email addy (to cali23917@aol.com) so we can keep in touch.

i have the catback system problem too. What is the decibel (dBA) level you are restricted to? mine is 74, which is a real pain since the US is 95... Thermal and apexi are both relatively silent though! I really want the greddy because of performance.

I know some companies make guages for the european prelude, i saw it in a catalogue in a Mulsanne shop, but if you are OK with the difficulties i told you about fitting US ones, then you should have no problem. the best indiglo guages i know of are at procarparts.com. you will have to widen the odometer hole with a knife and the km/h is in the middle. If you arent buying soon, you can wait till i do mine and i can tell you / show you pics of how it turns out. go to www.ebay.com and search for "prelude indiglo" and look at what you find, thatll give u a good idea of the US market for them.
Old 02-24-2002, 06:47 AM   #25
Veetec
AF Fanatic

Quote:

veetec you should send me your email addy (to cali23917@aol.com) so we can keep in touch.

i have the catback system problem too. What is the decibel (dBA) level you are restricted to? mine is 74, which is a real pain since the US is 95... Thermal and apexi are both relatively silent though! I really want the greddy because of performance.

I know some companies make guages for the european prelude, i saw it in a catalogue in a Mulsanne shop, but if you are OK with the difficulties i told you about fitting US ones, then you should have no problem. the best indiglo guages i know of are at procarparts.com. you will have to widen the odometer hole with a knife and the km/h is in the middle. If you arent buying soon, you can wait till i do mine and i can tell you / show you pics of how it turns out. go to www.ebay.com and search for "prelude indiglo" and look at what you find, thatll give u a good idea of the US market for them.
E-mail is on its way!
I really dunno to what decibel level I am restricted to but I´d guess it´ll be about the same like yours. But like I´ve already said I don´t want it to be too loud anyways. A lot of people from the Prelude forum (like drift) recommend the Thermal R&D Classic (not sure about the name) but it´ll depend on the price for me, too. Is the greddy one better??

With the indiglo gauges, I´m not going to buy them soon. So I think I´ll just wait till you got yours!

What other mods have you already done to your Prelude? We will get a new shop over here in germany which will import everything you want from the USA (and japan?)!! It´ll open at the 7th of march. :smoka:
Old 02-25-2002, 11:23 AM   #26
Veetec
AF Fanatic

By the way, are you riding on stock rims/ tires? If yes, how much air do you put into them?
Old 02-25-2002, 01:39 PM   #27
nuro
AF Newbie

So far im putting 35 psi in my tires because it feels right, but i could be totally wrong.

Thermal, spoon, mugen, greddy, apexi are all great brands. The thermal is well-praised, but exhausts are very opinion-based thins, not fact. However, lots of people agree that the greddy evo is the best choice based on how much more power it will give you. On top of that it has a gorgeous deep noise. The only thing people have not liked about it is that the tip is big, 115 mm.

You gotta tell me about this shop in germany, i might have to go visit there!!!

Ive only had my prelude a month:

it has H+R springs, summer OZ rims (17x205), alpine CD deck, apexi rev/speed meter. My next buys are the bass for the stereo (sub+amp) and the greddy evo (and the reverse indiglo guages). After that i will consider koni yellows and seriously consider what direction my engine will go: NA (crower cams and such... and maybe with NOS) or JRSC. I am completely avoiding turbo because i cant afford the risk involved.

Keep me updated on the shop opening there i0d love to know what they have-what they can import, and what the prices are. Ill make a post here or write you an email when i do my guages.
Old 02-26-2002, 09:17 AM   #28
Veetec
AF Fanatic

Quote:
So far im putting 35 psi in my tires because it feels right, but i could be totally wrong.

Thermal, spoon, mugen, greddy, apexi are all great brands. The thermal is well-praised, but exhausts are very opinion-based thins, not fact. However, lots of people agree that the greddy evo is the best choice based on how much more power it will give you. On top of that it has a gorgeous deep noise. The only thing people have not liked about it is that the tip is big, 115 mm.

You gotta tell me about this shop in germany, i might have to go visit there!!!

Ive only had my prelude a month:

it has H+R springs, summer OZ rims (17x205), alpine CD deck, apexi rev/speed meter. My next buys are the bass for the stereo (sub+amp) and the greddy evo (and the reverse indiglo guages). After that i will consider koni yellows and seriously consider what direction my engine will go: NA (crower cams and such... and maybe with NOS) or JRSC. I am completely avoiding turbo because i cant afford the risk involved.

Keep me updated on the shop opening there i0d love to know what they have-what they can import, and what the prices are. Ill make a post here or write you an email when i do my guages.
I´m asking about the pressure because I´ve checked my tires yesterday and put the recommend air into them but after that the handling of my car became worser than before. IMO I had a better grip when I was using lesser air in them.

115mm with the Greddy Evo?? I can see very well why people don´t like it that much. It´s too big for me either because I´m more an "understatement person". I´m looking more for a decent exhaust with a good quality. A 5Zigen exhaust system would be nice, too. But I dunno about their quality and sound. So the Mugen one will still be my favorite while it´ll be too expensive for me.

I´ve bought my Lude in january, too. Mods so far are Eibach springs, Koni yellows and the Neuspeed strut-tower bar and white turning lights are on the way. I´ve also bought a Blaupunkt sound system (??) while using the stock speakers. A K&N drop-in filter will be ordered soon, too. And then I have to see how much money I´ll have to spend. The only "bigger" thing I´d do with my engine is to buy a JRSC. But in the moment I´m really satisfied with my car/ engine. The only thing I really don´t like are the many scratches which are all over my car. It´ll be polished professionally in one or two months and some parts will even be repainted but I´m not sure how the rest is going to look after it!? (yea, my english is terrible again today! )

Of course I´ll keep all of you updated about the new shop. The owner told me that he will get everything from the US . From VIS-Racing bodykits (which are offering a nice knock-off of the Mugen kit for our Ludes) over Mugen parts to the JRSC! Everything should be possible.
Old 02-26-2002, 04:51 PM   #29
nuro
AF Newbie

Quote:
I´m asking about the pressure because I´ve checked my tires yesterday and put the recommend air into them but after that the handling of my car became worser than before. IMO I had a better grip when I was using lesser air in them.

115mm with the Greddy Evo?? I can see very well why people don´t like it that much. It´s too big for me either because I´m more an "understatement person". I´m looking more for a decent exhaust with a good quality. A 5Zigen exhaust system would be nice, too. But I dunno about their quality and sound. So the Mugen one will still be my favorite while it´ll be too expensive for me.

I´ve bought my Lude in january, too. Mods so far are Eibach springs, Koni yellows and the Neuspeed strut-tower bar and white turning lights are on the way. I´ve also bought a Blaupunkt sound system (??) while using the stock speakers. A K&N drop-in filter will be ordered soon, too. And then I have to see how much money I´ll have to spend. The only "bigger" thing I´d do with my engine is to buy a JRSC. But in the moment I´m really satisfied with my car/ engine. The only thing I really don´t like are the many scratches which are all over my car. It´ll be polished professionally in one or two months and some parts will even be repainted but I´m not sure how the rest is going to look after it!? (yea, my english is terrible again today! )

Of course I´ll keep all of you updated about the new shop. The owner told me that he will get everything from the US . From VIS-Racing bodykits (which are offering a nice knock-off of the Mugen kit for our Ludes) over Mugen parts to the JRSC! Everything should be possible.
yeah the greddy evo is your typical rice-boy looking exhaust. but i really dont mind cuz i am addicted to the sound, especially the crossover to vtec. if you want to stay subtle, but have a little more exhaust tone, the thermal is def. the choice for you.

when you go visit this shop, definetely tell me what our options are for the lude! this could be a great thing...

How is your ride with the koni yellows? i heard its pretty harsh if you have springs like mine (H+R or Neuspeed)

Is the K&N filter you are talking about something you put in the stock airbox?

I was thinking the other day: why not do it the right way and get an AEM Cold Air Intake? You could cut your stock airbox and buy stock piping from a car with a larger intake and sleeve it over the AEM CAI. That way it will be TOTALLY hidden, and you will get the great power from it.

How often do you wax your car?
What are good products for wash+wax?
Old 02-27-2002, 06:18 AM   #30
Veetec
AF Fanatic

I don´t think that I´ll visit the shop in the next time because the owner already told me that we can get everything we want and it will have got a website, too. But I have to see...

I´ve got Koni yellows and Eibach springs but it doesn´t feel harsh! I didn´t put them on the stiffest level so that it´s still really comfortable.

Yea, you put the K&N filter into the stock box! The reason why I don´t want to buy a CAI anymore are posts like this one from hondaprelude.com : `Re: AEM CAI...
Hey you want the real truth about intakes! THEY DO NOT ADD HORSE POWER TO THE WHEELS! The only thing that a cold air intake is good for is to help the engine run more efficiently!! Same thing with spark plugs and ignition systems and supposedly performance wires, none of these things add horsepower! To be plane and simple depending on your car the intakes will have a tendencey to trip an engine code because your giving your engine more air through the intake than what was originally programmed.Intakes actually make your car slower untill you hit your higher rpms and don't actually give you your horsepower untill you have reached your peak! The most horsepower if any you will ever gain from an intake is no more than 9 Yes many intake companies will try to fool you with fake dyno charts and garuntee yoyu at least 10 to 15 horsepower! Thats BS and so is the little Tornado Fan that you can buy for under a 100 bucks waste of money!´

I haven´t waxed my car yet because I want it to be polished first and I didn´t had much time since I got it. But I think most of these scratches will stay anyways!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Locations (USA, Canada, Asia, etc...) > Europe