Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Locations (USA, Canada, Asia, etc...) > Europe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Europe England, Holland, Denmark, Germany, etc...
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-16-2002, 05:22 AM   #1
djnikko
AF Newbie

d14z2

hi
does anyone know any tuning details or websites that have any specific info about tuning the honda civic d14z2 engine, this is the engine found in the 1.4i hatchback with 90BHP as standard. I have added a ractive air filter with heat shield and powerflow twin exit exhaust, does anyone know roughly what results i am expected to get with this engine. I am also finding flat spots at low revs.....i.e. pulling off etc. I have reset my ECU and nothing has changed.
Thanks
Nick
Old 06-16-2002, 06:19 AM   #2
Goosse
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Goosse
What year is your Civic? Mine is a '97 and I think I have got a d14A3 engine. Stock with 75hp, but with a little engine work 90hp. Their isn't much you can find for these engines since they don't exist in the US or Japan (atleast not in the hb). So you'll have to turn to the european tuners. A few options are putting on different cams (but this has consequenses for daily driving). Someone in the belgian tuning scene has done this and he is claming a 15hp increase. A friend of mine is going to put a complete exhaust line this summer (on his 1.4). The company that does this has given him dyna charts that show an increase of 10-15hp (don't really believe this myself). I've also seen 'chip tuning' on the 1.4. Increase of 10hp. IMO, I think it would be hard getting the 1.4 over the 115 hp...
Old 06-16-2002, 06:44 AM   #3
Goosse
AF Fanatic

Just reread your post. Do you have a +'99 CHB? Since it's a 1.4i with stock 90hp...
Old 06-16-2002, 06:46 AM   #4
Veetec
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Veetec Send a message via AIM to Veetec
Welcome to AF!

I think there is kind of a basic rule for Hondas (and other brands): The smaller the stock engine, the smaller is the gain out of aftermarket parts!
That means that you won´t see a big gain if any at all with most aftermarketparts available for your engine and even if you would get some new cams and stuff like that it wouldn´t be worth it IMO.
Your car is meant to be economical and will never become a racecar except you´ve got a lot of money to spend.
So IMO you´ve got three opportunities:
1.) Swap a new engine in it.
2.) Buy another car with a bigger stock engine.
3.) Keep it like it is now and save some money because of its fuel economy.
Veetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 06:49 AM   #5
Goosse
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Veetec
Welcome to AF!

I think there is kind of a basic rule for Hondas (and other brands): The smaller the stock engine, the smaller is the gain out of aftermarket parts!
That means that you won´t see a big gain if any at all with most aftermarketparts available for your engine and even if you would get some new cams and stuff like that it wouldn´t be worth it IMO.
Your car is meant to be economical and will never become a racecar except you´ve got a lot of money to spend.
So IMO you´ve got three opportunities:
1.) Swap a new engine in it.
2.) Buy another car with a bigger stock engine.
3.) Keep it like it is now and save some money because of its fuel economy.
Completely true...
Old 06-24-2002, 04:29 AM   #6
Predator
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Predator
Put a D16Z6 Head/ ECU on it- and add with doing this VTEC capabilities, after that use some high comp pistons, put a new FPR in it, I/H/E and u should be fine

ull the probably be over 115 if not 130!!

what for idiots... theyre discussing about a law were u have to switch on the lights the whole day but when u switch on the fog lights without fog u have to pay for this 'criminal act'...

ZOMTEC rulez!!!
Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 02:58 PM   #7
lestath
AF Newbie

Re: d14z2

PREDATOR: have you done that before, know anyone who has?
lestath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 10:47 AM   #8
jcrx
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jcrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator
Put a D16Z6 Head/ ECU on it- and add with doing this VTEC capabilities, after that use some high comp pistons, put a new FPR in it, I/H/E and u should be fine

ull the probably be over 115 if not 130!!
Why go through all that work to end up with MAYBE 125bhp, when you can just swap in a cheap D16Z6 wire up the vtec, and have 125bhp garanteed?
Old 06-02-2004, 10:39 AM   #9
MANUEL5
AF Newbie

I Also Have A Civic 1997 With 75ps. The Is No Difference With The Civic With 90ps In Engine But In Transmission. The Only Difference Is The Max Speed And Not To Acceleration. I Have Been Told That I Can "wake Up" The 15 Horses Doing Something But I Do Not Know What. Do You? I Am Searching It. If I Learn Something I Will Inform.
MANUEL5 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Locations (USA, Canada, Asia, etc...) > Europe