Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Eagle > Vision
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 10:46 AM   #1
tiger0018
AF Newbie

Angry 93 Eagle Vision w/SERIOUS problems...

This car has been a sore in my side since I bought it used 4 years ago. I had the tranny rebuilt when it kicked the bucket over 100 miles from home (grrrr)... Everything seems to be electronics/computer related. The first sign something wasn't right was shortly after buying the car: the trunk kept opening by itself. I bought as-is, and the seller wouldn't hear me, so I opted to pull the fuse that controls the trunk. One problem solved. Then, the horn would go off AT 4 IN THE MORNING, whenever it felt like it. Solution? Pull ANOTHER fuse....
The locks engage themselves. No, I have not locked myself out yet...
But this is small stuff. My main headache now is the tranny (which cost me enought to replace) and the idle. After the car's been on the road and warmed up, the idle will suddenly increase from 700 to around 1500! As a result, the tranny has to slam down out of gears every time I came to a stop, and first gear was hard to engage with an engine idling that high.
Took it in for a look-see, and the mechanics found nothing amiss... Not even a computer history report revealed anything wrong!!!
The other day, the car decided it wasn't gonna get out of first gear. I took it in to the mech, they started it up the next day... ran perfect.
AARRRGGGHHHH!!!!
Short of a bullet through the engine, anyone have any suggestions?
PS: The injection system has been recently cleaned, fluids changed, etc...
tiger0018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 10:36 PM   #2
gidget1960
AF Newbie

Re: 93 Eagle Vision w/SERIOUS problems...

Hi tiger0018,
Sorry to hear of all your problems with your 93 Vision.I have a 94 Vision and the same exact thing happened to my car today-it did not want to shift out of first.I took it to a Transmission shop and they cut the car off and then back on and all was ok again.They told me there that these cars have "Codes" that are reset each time the car is cranked.So the next time your car does this,try shutting the engine off,wait a few seconds,and crank it again.Let me know what happens if you try this.Interestingly,the Mech. told me hot weather can bring on these "Code" problems, and it was VERY HOT in AL. today.Let me know and good luck!
gidget1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 10:08 PM   #3
labprincess
AF Newbie

Talking

I just bought a 1994 with the same tranny problems. People I bought it from said the tranny shop said it was a sensor. And yes, you can stop and turn car off and reset it, but what a pain. I took it to a regular mechanic and had it checked and it showed up as having a bad tranny with the error codes it showed. He sent me to a tranny shop. The guy looked under my hood and noticed my battery was old. He said that could be my problem due to the electronics not getting the correct amps or voltage. I put a new battery in it and he reprogrammed the electronics. It then said the input and output sensor for the tranny was bad. Each cost me about $22 and about $50 for labor, and it shifts like a dream now. However, my engine is missing, so he suggested getting a tune-up right away. He says if I don't the engine missing could mess up the tranny (maybe he meant the electronics to the tranny). At any rate, this may work for you. Hang in there. Great car otherwise.
labprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 11:07 AM   #4
mickyandre
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to mickyandre
93 vision

I have a 93 vision and my car keeps overheating. The problem is it does it at evry about 3 months. I've changed the thermostat, headgasket. Fans seem to work fine. I am in Canada and right now it's friggin cold. Any idea
mickyandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 02:29 PM   #5
burkman
AF Newbie

maybe just maybe

Mine would go up and down in idle too. There is a sensor(for everything it seems) that adjusts the idle to make it run smooth. But my car is leakin oil in the motor(bad head gasket I think) and at higher rpm it runs fine. So at idle it goes up and down to compinsate for the missfire that happens due to the oil foulin the plug. But this is just an idea, I have not takin it apart to make sure yet.
burkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:55 PM   #6
metzgers3jjl
AF Newbie

Try replacing the idle control sensor. It is located on the intake plenum. That might help.
metzgers3jjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:30 PM   #7
kane1
AF Newbie

yes hi i have a 93 vision with some tranny issues sometimes it will go into drive sometimes it wont it will go in reverse but drives in drive for a few minutes then just sounds like it is in neutral wat is the probalem bought new sensors runs worse with them then the old ones why is that you can email me at ardenspencildrawing@yahoo.com with anything you might think it is thank you
kane1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Eagle > Vision