Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 08:50 PM   #1
CamaroSSBoy346
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to CamaroSSBoy346
Angry Camera Help

Okay, I know alot of you are "photographers." Just wondering if you can help me out. I got a Sony Cyber-shot 2.0 Mega Pixels DSC-P51 Memmory Stick. Its hard to explain, so try and follow along. I Accidently screwed up my Sony USB Cord, by running over it with my chair wheels ( DOH!) So, I got a RadioShack USB Cord. No biggie, $17. I got the new cord hooked up, and got a set of pictures on the computer. So, it did work. I come back with a second set of pictures to put on my camera, I got one loaded on the computer, then, i want to drag another picture into the folder, and a message pops up saying "Could not transfer picture" Or some BS Like that. BTW, the program im using is Cameo Viewer or something along the lines of that. As soon as i hook up the USB Cord in my camera, it will automatically start up. After the second picture could not transfer over, i turned the Camera off, and restared. Only this time, the Cameo Viewer didnt automatically start up. So, i manually started it, but it kept saying to check the camera connection. I even tried trying to get it to work on my computer at work-no luck. So, its not the computer. I just got a new RadioShack USB Cord, and im having the same problem. The bad thing is, ive had this camera for over 2 years, so i doubt the store will take it back (i dont even know if i have the recipt), and the warrenty is probably done with. Im am really fucking pissed off right now.
1992 Lincoln Mark VII LSC 302 H.O, A9L ECU swap, 65mm TB, 73mm Granetelli MAF, FRPP 30lb injectors, Walbro 255, MSD ignition, Powerdyne BD11 supercharger, Efans, T-5 swap w/ FRPP flywheel, Ram HDX clutch and adjustable Steeda clutch quadrant, 4.10 gears, Nitto NT555R radials
2000 OBS Tahoe Z71 6k HIDs, 33" Goodyears. 280k mile daily beater
CamaroSSBoy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 09:17 PM   #2
Vric
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Vric Send a message via MSN to Vric Send a message via Yahoo to Vric
Re: Camera Help

for 17$, I would buy an external USB reader.. it's faster and often don't need any software or driver, so it's really nobrainer
Vric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 02:02 AM   #3
DiGiTaLEcLiPsE
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to DiGiTaLEcLiPsE
What's with people running thier wires over with the chairs?
I know a friend that recently messed up his speaker wires by running it over with a chair.. haha
DiGiTaLEcLiPsE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 02:28 AM   #4
spoolin12
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to spoolin12

Did you try taking more pictures and try it again?

It could just be a corrupted memory card...

This has happened to me before.

spoolin12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 05:59 AM   #5
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie
Re: Re: Camera Help

And what OS are you useing?

XP does some funny things with my new Canon A80, it likes to load camera folder window, but won't show any of the pics unless I refreash it.

But a USB calble is a USB cable, there will be no differnce between the one you got, or the one that came with the camera, so you must have at some stage some how altered a setting, or settings on either the camera, or the PC.

If your useing XP, then I highly recomend simply opening the camera from the My Computer window, it will be listed at the bottom under your disc drives.

Otherwise try reinstalling the came software, or have a look for some new drivers.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:49 AM   #6
Flea
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Flea

that sounds more like an OS problem then a problem with the camera ... but i agree .. just get a memory stick reader and use that with the computer instead of the usb cable to transfer the images ... if you are lucky you can still find one of the floppy disc adapters at a wal-mart for the sony memory sticks ... if not they make other adapters that can read it as well...
Flea is offline   Reply With Quote