Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 06:39 PM   #16
NotoriouslyLoud
AF Newbie

Re: The Ultimate Question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20de4evr
To be perfectly honest, this is a real bad idea
Why can't you "enjoy" this forever? The reason you don't see older people doing it isn't because they can't, it's because they matured and realized it was a dumb idea. Damaging your hearing from something you can't even listen to the music you enjoy on...fantastic! You won't be proud of this when you get older, you'll be embarrased of it...that's assuming it doesn't get stolen, and the way you're describing your intentions, it will be, quickly.

Give it 1 month and I promise you'll be tired of it and wishing you spent the money on something you can actually listen to.

just my .02...do what you want
^wow bro that is alot of hate.... i mean i have a very loud set up and have for years and i enjoy it, and don't see why i would stop enjoying it

As far as the ma comment..... not so much any more. MA dose not hold alot of db drag records any more. You will find that most people that are really loud use digital design subs with a power house mono block amp... When it comes to being really loud, its all about having the power available to the amps, and box design to back it up.... power is everything.

If i were you bro do what makes YOU happy, go to your local shop and listen to what they have at the shop. Find out what kinda setup YOU will enjoy, because everybody is different, and will tell you what to buy, and what to do. And nobody can make those kinda decisions for you. Go to a local car show, and ask people to demo there ride, most people are really happy to do it, and this offers an opportunity for you to find something that suits what you are wanting to do. Just my worth

Peace
Derek Connelly
Founder of Team Notoriously Loud Mafia

Big D
founder of
Team Notoriously Loud Mafia
1 fi audio 18 btl fully loaded
1 soundstream xxx-6500
1 AVH-P5700DVD
2 G34 Yellow top
250 amp HO alt
bassrace 139.9 all day baby
NotoriouslyLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:23 PM   #17
BikerPaintballdude
AF Regular

O.K. thanks but the only thing is I cant realy go listen to the subs I want. I want Diamond Audio CM3's but I cant listen to them so im just having to go off of what other people tell me. So how do you think 2 15" CM3s would sound? Would it sound pretty desent and be loud?
BikerPaintballdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:24 PM   #18
PaulD
Audio Guy

Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD

I didn't see any hatin, just pointing out some facts. And it's true that i you boom your stuff, especially close to home, work or school, some is gonna gank it.
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:07 AM   #19
pimprolla112
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to pimprolla112 Send a message via MSN to pimprolla112

Well lets see for 1k

http://www.soundsplinter.com/rlp15_s...formation.html

http://www.incriminatoraudio.com/li.htm

http://www.stereointegrity.com/Magnum12.html

As for amps
autotek
zapco
OLD PPI stuff

your going to have to search, but like stated putting something in a fart box will make it easier. you also have to keep in mind the cost for wiring, enclosure, and like stated problems with theft will be high. Bolt it down so when they go to move it and find out it wont budge they might take a different route, use odd screw shapes, like 2-torx bits, hex, square, etc, might make it a bitch to remove but they would get pissed when they get a set of screws out and find out they cant remove the rest.

Ex cab trucks are great for SPL, you have the subs right behind the seat and filling the cabin with sound/pressure is very considering how small it is compared to other vehicles. Your doing the right thing keep up research and make sure you know what you want before you buy anything ask questions. If you need an enclosure desing let me know i know a guy on another forum that can desing them, and hes pretty good.

Don't ever look at cars as just imports or domestics. Just because a car is made in a certain country doesn't mean that it is anything like another car from that country. An example of this is Mitsubishi reliability, just because they are Japanese doesn't mean that they are as reliable as a Honda or Toyota.

Cardomain
pimprolla112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:16 PM   #20
nicks84
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerPaintballdude
O.K. thanks but the only thing is I cant realy go listen to the subs I want. I want Diamond Audio CM3's but I cant listen to them so im just having to go off of what other people tell me. So how do you think 2 15" CM3s would sound? Would it sound pretty desent and be loud?
Again, Diamonds are NICE subs, but the list that was provided, I think you will see better results. And the price is NOT bad for what you get. Hell, you can get one Fi BTL , SI MAG, Re, or DD sub, and Im sure if done right, you will be happy with the results, but 2 , well, that will be plenty sufficient. Memphis , Hiphonics, Autotek, or even planet Audio have some pretty decent stuff for really cheap. And with the Autotek, the white Old school 333 Mean Machine will do wonders.

Last edited by nicks84; 09-01-2007 at 05:03 PM.
nicks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:10 PM   #21
BikerPaintballdude
AF Regular

O.K. thanks every body for your input. But what can I do to make sure its just about imposible to get my stuff stolen? I think it would be hard to steal a system that is in the mid gate of a Avalanch and that is what I hope my system will be in, but if it is in the back of the tundra with the back seats taken out, im sure just about every theif in a 10 mile radius of my house will know about it. But what can I do to make it imposible for anyone to steal it.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:21 PM   #22
PaulD
Audio Guy

Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD

it's never impossible .... ever seen the movie "gone in 60 seconds" ? Fortunately, the average punk thief is just too lazy to get a job and sure as hell doesn't wanna get caught. Park it in a garage, or in a lighted area next to the house - not many choices at work I guess.

Use diffent types of security screws, one of each type on the four corners of the amp. Use carriage bolts for the box and security screws for the sub. ind ways to brace/anhor stuff down. Put a back strap on the hedunit. Every extra few seconds it takes them is more chance they get caught -especially if the alarm went off, even if they almost immediately ganked the battery wires.
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 01:44 PM   #23
nicks84
AF Regular

Quote:
O.K. thanks every body for your input. But what can I do to make sure its just about imposible to get my stuff stolen? I think it would be hard to steal a system that is in the mid gate of a Avalanch and that is what I hope my system will be in, but if it is in the back of the tundra with the back seats taken out, im sure just about every theif in a 10 mile radius of my house will know about it. But what can I do to make it imposible for anyone to steal it.
Nothing personall, I had My 180lbs box from the floor to the roof. The Roof of the car actually curved over and came down below the edges of the box, securing it in place. I also had the center in the box bolted, not screwed, toghether. The box was bolted through the car with a plate that ran across the under carriage. So I had a huge plate/bar running across the car. Also, are you familiar with the lil diamond widowsn in the back of an 84 Monte Carlo ? Well I had Boxes built into those widow space & bolted to the main box. Ist was IMO unthievable. If that was not enough, I had a 400 $ alarm system with the works. Broad day light, at school, with Cameras all over the parking lot, and police officers patroling. I was jacked clean. these were proffesionals, so if they want it, THEY WILL GET IT ! There is NOTHING you can do, only precautionary measures. Thats why I suggested to just make sure its insured.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:23 PM   #24
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicks84
There is NOTHING you can do, only precautionary measures.
Like never listening to it loud near your home, school or work, and making sure that ONLY your close friends know what you have. That means no showing off, no "reputation", the system is for you and you alone.

'05 Silver WRX STi
Injen SES Downpipe, HKS Carbon-Ti catback, Cobb Stage 2 Tune, TiC Super Shifter, TiC Klunk Killer, Tein springs, Nitto NT555R Drag Radials
sr20de4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:58 PM   #25
nicks84
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20de4evr
Like never listening to it loud near your home, school or work, and making sure that ONLY your close friends know what you have. That means no showing off, no "reputation", the system is for you and you alone.
Sounds good in theory. And highly possible. I actually did have it under wraps for a long while. But after 2yrs or so, eventually everyone knew. But I was smart. I did not go around blasting, or advertising. My brother would when I let him borrow it. But at this point, everyone already knew, so I guess it didint matter. Its only a matter of time. How long that last, is soley up to the individual. If you can live with that, I would. It just seems thinks like that are hard to keep under raps. And perhaps you can, but its always someone else that will cross that line. But if you express to them the severity (which shoudl be recognized, conversation free) of the situation and the amount of cash you just dropped, and how its imperative notto advertise for you, great. If he is a good buddy, he will understand. But then, the hard part becomes you. Freinds, girls, popularity. And belive it or not, bitches will love it sounds and performs great. Course they wont know the difference, but they will notice your is better (LMAO). I dunno, maybe it was just the fact that I had a high profile car. It woudl seem you could keep it on the "DL" a lil longer if you dont have extrodinary everything.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:36 PM   #26
BikerPaintballdude
AF Regular

Well im getting my sysetm for me and only me so I think I might be able to handle not telling any except for some of my realy good friends. And im probly going to use the weirdest screws I can find. But what is a security screw? And nobdy answered this earlier, is it possible to have a spl\sql car? I want some crazy loud bass, but when I want sound quality (after I replace every thing with some nice three ways and get it how I like) I can turn the sub down till it sounds right. I dont see why you cant have a realy good sounding car (when you want) and be able to shake cars around you for blocks(when you want). So is my theory possible, or has some one tried it and it just dosent work out, because I never, well I wont say never but I rarley see people that just are O.K. with having both. Usualy people are like "SPL is for people that dont care about music and just want to be annoying and powerfull", or "SPL is for panzies that dont know how to enjoy music they way it should be enjoyed". This may be doing a huge audio no no but I just wanted to know what yall thought about it.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:28 PM   #27
nicks84
AF Regular

Quote:
Well im getting my sysetm for me and only me so I think I might be able to handle not telling any except for some of my realy good friends. And im probly going to use the weirdest screws I can find. But what is a security screw? And nobdy answered this earlier, is it possible to have a spl\sql car? I want some crazy loud bass, but when I want sound quality (after I replace every thing with some nice three ways and get it how I like) I can turn the sub down till it sounds right. I dont see why you cant have a realy good sounding car (when you want) and be able to shake cars around you for blocks(when you want). So is my theory possible, or has some one tried it and it just dosent work out, because I never, well I wont say never but I rarley see people that just are O.K. with having both. Usualy people are like "SPL is for people that dont care about music and just want to be annoying and powerfull", or "SPL is for panzies that dont know how to enjoy music they way it should be enjoyed". This may be doing a huge audio no no but I just wanted to know what yall thought about it.
I belive the tern you are looking for , is SQL. The difference is, it will always hit hard, and will always sound good. You will always have best of both worlds. NOt really a switch you can just turn off. And trust me, you get 1 or of the DD, or ID, SI, RE subs, it will be plenty if done correctly. What I mean by plenty, is WAY TOO MUCH ! I had 4 -15's in a 84 Monte Carlo. IT got WAYY TOO LOUD, and yet sounded GREAT ALWAYS, period. Hell, I coudlnt even make it sound bad.
And of course, A good product always helps, but mostly depends on build quality, setup, and install. Oh, and if possible, use those screws you find in public bathrooms. You know, its like a phillips screw, but only 1/2. Its done to where you can screw in , but not out. Now, of course, I dont know how that will affect later when you want ot take it out. .. . but if your worried, go that route (lol).

And I dont know why the illusion that you cant have SPL and SQ, Thats SQL. SQ with tons of sound pressure. It is what you seek, and trust me, do it right, it will be more than you bargained for. A dude just hit like freakin 170 + with 1 DD sub. You prolly couldnt even be in the cabin during that, it woudl prolly make your head explode. Thats like 2 Jet engines goin off in yoru living room ! Im sure you have not even heard anything to this level. It will be more than enough.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:01 PM   #28
BikerPaintballdude
AF Regular

Ok. so I could get one 15" DD sub and it would be as loud or louder than 2 15" diamond Audio CM3's? And how much do they cost I was looking at the 3500 I think and they look like a fortune?
Old 09-02-2007, 03:31 PM   #29
nicks84
AF Regular

Quote:
Ok. so I could get one 15" DD sub and it would be as loud or louder than 2 15" diamond Audio CM3's? And how much do they cost I was looking at the 3500 I think and they look like a fortune?
I woudl go with 3500, 9100, or 9500 series. You wont be sorry. Just make sure to have someone put it in the right box. Built design and quality is everything for sub like this. Your already goin the extra mile with the sub, might as well continue all the way. And I think you might be lookin at least 500 $ if I am correct. But it beat what you can buy from JL for that price (lol).
Old 09-02-2007, 05:34 PM   #30
BikerPaintballdude
AF Regular

WOW!! $500 thats a bit over my limit. I was planning on getting 2 15" Diamond Audio CM3's for in the $300 range. My limit for my system is $1000 and that would put me well over it. They are nice subs look great but I think there too much for me lol. Well thanks for the input though. And im new to the SQL area of car audio so what are some good three way speakers that I could get to replace the cars origional system, or tweeters or what ever I need?

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio