Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 01:06 PM   #1
jeff983000gt
AF Regular

EGR question???

hey guys..gotta question..if i get headers for my 98 3000gt base model..what happens to the EGR that comes off the rear exhaust manifold..you just block off the hole in the intake manifold with a plate..and also what about the egr valve on the intake manifold..you have to get block that up to? please let me know..thanks
jeff983000gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:18 PM   #2
Linebckr49
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Linebckr49
Re: EGR question???

yup, you have to block off all the EGR ports. you'll probably have to wire in a resistor into the EGR sensor so you don't get a check engine light.
K&N | long tube headers | 3sx crank pulley| testpipe | Addco front/rear sway bars (3SX) | rear strut bar & front 3-point strut bar (by JonVr4 on 3Si) | solid motor mounts | LSD insert | KYB GR-2 struts | intrax springs | adj. control arms | ss brake lines | 16% taller 5th gear (teamrip.com) | H4 conversion | push-button start | datalogger | HKS S-AFR | PLX WB O2
coming soon: adj. cam gears | bi-xenon HID retrofit
Linebckr49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 12:38 AM   #3
X2Xtreme360
AF Regular

I don't mean to hijack this thread so let me know if I am, but I would like to know what type of resistor you need and where you have to wire it in. I just got a polished plenum without the EGR ports so I no longer have EGR, not to mention I've always had a CEL for the EGR anyway. Do you wire it up to the sensor located on the firewall?

Current mods:
Cold air intake
Magnecor 8.5mm competition wires
NGK copper spark plugs
Polished Plenum
KillerGlass radiator hose
X2Xtreme360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:21 AM   #4
Linebckr49
AF Enthusiast

cmon guys, its all in the FAQ. when in doubt, 1) search, 2) check FAQ, 3) ask

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...4&postcount=10
K&N | long tube headers | 3sx crank pulley| testpipe | Addco front/rear sway bars (3SX) | rear strut bar & front 3-point strut bar (by JonVr4 on 3Si) | solid motor mounts | LSD insert | KYB GR-2 struts | intrax springs | adj. control arms | ss brake lines | 16% taller 5th gear (teamrip.com) | H4 conversion | push-button start | datalogger | HKS S-AFR | PLX WB O2
Old 05-11-2007, 05:57 AM   #5
jeff983000gt
AF Regular

ic..so i would have to block off that egr sensor or what ever that is on the intake manifold? what would happen if i didnt? and would i have to wire in a resistor or is that just for check engine light purposes? and im with xtreme on this one..how easy is it to wire in a resistor?
Old 05-11-2007, 01:16 PM   #6
Linebckr49
AF Enthusiast

seriously, its blatantly obvious you did NOT follow the link i posted. if you HAD, then you would find another link to a 3Si thread. on the first page of that thread, this is posted:

Quote:
92 VR4, EGR blockoffs, no CEL.
Quote:
94 TT... got CEL with the EGR sensor unplugged... just pull it out of the egr housing and leave it plugged into the harness.
Quote:
pretty much 1st gens won't 2nd gens will
i do ALL the work for you...all you have to do is READ. if you want to know more, its all in the 3Si thread.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:56 PM   #7
jeff983000gt
AF Regular

oh my bad, i didnt notice the link the first time i looked..thanks..that helps me out completely..thanks for all the help..
Old 05-11-2007, 03:07 PM   #8
Linebckr49
AF Enthusiast

you're welcome. sorry if i came across as an ass. i didn't mean it that way. its just that there is SOO much covered in the FAQ, and its always easier to just ask a question than to research. i'll admit, often times i forget what all is in the FAQ, and that a huge amount of info is linked there, and i haven't followed ALL the links and read everything, but i've read a lot. but i find that if i research a topic/question, then when i DO find the answer, i'm more likely to remember it and store it in my long-term memory, than if i'm just fed answers from other people. also, with all the misinformation spread on the internet, you have to be wary of what you read. so its a good idea to find one answer, and then try to substantiate it with proof or other people that say the same thing.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth