Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > RVR
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 01:13 PM   #1
gavinveronica
AF Newbie

Mmcs Mitsubishi Multi Communication System

For everyone out there with a Chariot I have a re activation CD, no translation or any maps other than what is on the system, so from Dorset to New zealand there are NO maps other than Japanese, but if you have a black screen or white Japanese overlay on the screen, then and only then can I help.
Several people have contacted me to ask why the screen is still blank after putting in the CD, well if they would have told me first that the head unit had been changed to a Kenwood, Sony etc, then we could have sorted it out then.
All equiptment needs to be original, you need a single CD under the drivers seat, you need the stereo with a toggle and you need a screen, simple really.
Also you can try and change the time on the screen, but your better off going inside for a coffee has the signal is sent via satellite and can't be changed.
I am one of a few People worldwide that can help, so if you need it please ask and finally don't throw your system away, its worth £4000 to replace, not even a bose sytem compares and if you are lucky enough to have the 4WD version, you need this system to work it.
For any help with your Chariot, pajero or Gallant, i will have the CD that will reactivate your screen radio, cd maps and trip computer my email is vrongav@talktalk.net

Last edited by gavinveronica; 09-03-2008 at 03:55 PM.
gavinveronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:32 AM   #2
shelly2u
AF Newbie

Re: Mmcs Mitsubishi Multi Communication System

I have a rvr and my screen on the mcs system is now blank. It first asked for the cd and then it went blank. I can see the cd turning but still nothing on the screen. The cd that I have is the navigation software version 8.1K I think that the cd is too scratched to work or I need a reboot cd or something. can you help me? I will pay if i need to get a new cd, I just want this thing to work.
shelly2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 08:41 PM   #3
webbo1985
AF Newbie

i have a EVO VII import from Japan. I have the MMCS installed in the car but i do not have the CD player that is meant to be under my drivers seat can anybody tell me what CD player it is meant to be and where can i get it

Thanks
webbo1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 01:29 AM   #4
gavinveronica
AF Newbie

On the EVO it is in the boot, you will have to find the genuine part number for the CD, from Mitsubishi and let me know what it is to see if I have it. It does look like it has been taken out as it would be hard to miss.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:15 AM   #5
webbo19855
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinveronica
On the EVO it is in the boot, you will have to find the genuine part number for the CD, from Mitsubishi and let me know what it is to see if I have it. It does look like it has been taken out as it would be hard to miss.
I have a CD stacker in the Boot there are wires that run from the stacker through the car to i believe under my drivers seat where there are a number of plugs. 2 of the plugs are similar to the ones that plug into the CD stacker in the boot. i have 2 that are large round plugs with a number of pins and another rectangular plug that is white. There are then 2 other wires a red and yellow one that run from the cd stacker in the boot to the drivers seat then into the dash board where they are not connected to anything. i can not get any power to the CD stacker in the boot as it is not connected. I have 3 CDs and a manual from mitsubishi but it is all in Japanese. My TV screen is just blank. the only thing i can get working is tape deck.

i tried to take the cd stacker out of the boot and plug it into the wires under the seat but only one of the plugs fit (the large round on with the pins) the white one was to large to fit into the space on the stacker.

my email is gwebster1@iprimus.com.au i can take pictures of how the wiring is set up now and send them to you if you give me your email address

the model number on the CD Cover is
Mitsubishi Multi Communication System (MR461351)

What can i do to get this to work. i believe i need a cd stacker or something similar under the drivers seat.
webbo19855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:27 AM   #6
gavinveronica
AF Newbie

Sound like the unit has gone and sorry for the confusion, I thought the Evo would be the same as a Galant and be in the boot.
Your only choice is to find a replacement and that will be hard. I do not have the CD you require, but I can get it, but you will need to find a single cd unit first.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:33 AM   #7
webbo19855
AF Newbie

the MMCS in my lancer is not the original dash. Can you tell me exactly what CD unit i am after that goes under the drivers seat.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:03 AM   #8
webbo19855
AF Newbie

I do not have a clue where to start looking for the CD unit i need, do you have any idea
Old 08-08-2006, 11:59 AM   #9
gavinveronica
AF Newbie

Send a picture of you dash and we will go from ther.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:30 PM   #10
webbo19855
AF Newbie

i actually found the MMCS cd head unit under the passenger seat. The problem is the screen still does not have anything on it. The wires run from the CD stacker in the boot to under the Drivers seat then run across to the passengers seat into the Head unit then into the screen.

I am missing some other part aparrently. The TV tuner is meant to be there which connects everything. can anybody help me on this.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:38 AM   #11
hermanus02
AF Newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to hermanus02

Hi all, Also need help trying to operate MMCS PO65 with CD player. I have a 2001 Pajero IO Import and would like to set the clock and possibly the language on the system. can anybody help?
hermanus02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:25 AM   #12
gavinveronica
AF Newbie

The clock time is sent via satellite, so it cannot be changed and there is no translation CD only a OEM book. But if it is working properly the screens should consist mainly of numbers and pictures which we can all understand.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:35 AM   #13
hermanus02
AF Newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to hermanus02

Thanks gavinveronica for coming back so quick, can understand most of the display i was hoping to get more out of the unit. I was thinking of removing the control/tape deck, keep the lcd display and connect a CD\DVD\radio player. I just need to make sure that the LCD is compatible
hermanus02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 08:10 AM   #14
shek
AF Newbie

Hello Gavin,

I have recently got a 1998 Mitsubishi Chariot. I have a Japanese overlay on my tv screen hence can not use my MCS.

Would you be willing to send me a copy as you suggested on the forum. I am willing to pay for the services.

Regards
shek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:02 AM   #15
gavinveronica
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shek
Hello Gavin,

I have recently got a 1998 Mitsubishi Chariot. I have a Japanese overlay on my tv screen hence can not use my MCS.

Would you be willing to send me a copy as you suggested on the forum. I am willing to pay for the services.

Regards
please contact me at vrongav@talktalk.net and I will sort it for you.
Thanks
Gavin

Last edited by gavinveronica; 09-03-2008 at 03:51 PM.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > RVR