Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Viper | Viper SRT19 Roadster
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 11:33 AM   #181
vortech
AF Enthusiast

and by the way . . .

I'm not flaming------I'm just to shitheads----who are the same as those who beleieved the world was flat---because no one ever ventured to disprove it. Yea---you guys are right-------the Viper technology is light years away from Ford. Ford has been around so much longer than Dodge-----and off course-----they don't have a bright idea or top car engineer at Ford. Oh and I bet SVT bit off the Dodge PSV or whatever the hell it is. Please, the Viper is a great car-------but every competitor outhere can get a hold of one----break it down piece by peiece and figure out its geometry. You dicks make it sound like the Viper is built in some secret cave at the core of the earth. Wake the fuck up snotnoses------what makes you think other companies haven't developed the technology. Typically chumps postin!

2001 mustang cobra convertibe
Vortech V-2 SQ blower (10.5psi)
4:10 gears & ford racing throttle body
03 JBA shorty headers + FR500 exhaust
Bassani X-pipe
Kenny Brown IRS level 2 suspension
IRS pinion brace
Kenny Brown K-member & control arms
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ
Old 01-12-2003, 12:52 PM   #182
Menu dei Motori
Click here

Send a message via ICQ to Menu dei Motori Send a message via AIM to Menu dei Motori Send a message via MSN to Menu dei Motori
sorry but i´m not gonna read there huge text even if i´m a big fan of the viper!
Old 01-12-2003, 01:23 PM   #183
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Where the hell is Viper 10 when you need him?

Look man, I never said that you stated that a Cobra was better than a Viper, I would like you to quote me on where I said that. Our problem is that, yes, you are flaming people. Anyone with a contrasting opinion is wrong to you. I don't know a whole lot about Ford, but where did I ever say that they had no technology compared to Dodge, and just because they have been around longer does not automatically make them the better auto manufacture.

My complaint is that you have to put a blower on the Mustang to get any real power out of it. The Viper is naturally aspirated; stock for stock tit for tat the Viper will kill any Mustang. Yes you can easily make a Cobra faster than a Viper, but the Viper engine has so such more potential than the 4.6L. Mod for mod the Viper will still be faster. Yes your modified Mustang is faster than a stock Viper, and yes the Viper is a lot more money, but when you buy a Viper you aren't only paying for straight line performance you are paying for a true Exotic that can handle VERY well in the hands of someone that knows how to use it. It is not some grocery getter, it is true sports car. Might I remind people that the Viper GTS-R dominated LeManns in 1998, and I mean all classes, in fact I watched some GT races the other day and saw Vipers take 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th in the same race.

You get what you pay for, you pay for a Mustang and you get a quick street car, you pay for a Viper and you get an exotic track car.
Old 01-12-2003, 02:54 PM   #184
SuPeRcAr_MaN
AF Fanatic

Thank you so much Poly for pointing that out to him. He has been going on forever about how Mustangs are better than anything. You just said everything I have been trying to say to him: Cobras are not half as good as he thinks they are. Thanks.
Old 01-12-2003, 02:58 PM   #185
vortech
AF Enthusiast

you have

a lot of nerve man talkin about how I'm flaming here------and especially talkin about where is Devil----he's the one who started ripping on the stuff which I stated----which is all true---I didn't make up anything. So don't play the ole victim bit. These forums are for discussion and some of you guys turned it into warfare---because it bothered the hell out of you that I explained how a Cobra could match its performance. Thats a fact. I never said a stock cobra could compete against the Viper. I'm smart enough to know though---where the faults in engineering are. And I went into detail what needed to be corrected in order for the 2 to match up. But you guys have to tear everything down----and you guys attempt to portray what I say to be as bullshit. You call any top mustang tuner in your area----and you ask them if they can get an 03 Cobra to run wickedness like a Viper. AND they will tell you YES, but you are going to have to be willing to spenbd some money. That has been my point all along, but you guys started the flaming----by stating that what I was talking about ---was total BS! Thats how the flaming started, and like I said you guys don't have the knowledge about what our aftermarket has to offer----to make any claim that its BS. and I say that again------because YOU DON'T HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE!!!!!! You guys get so caught up in what rolls off the plant stock. And i never said stock for stock---the 03 could whip ass. I always stated what could happen with aftermarket parts. So don't play dumb, no one can have a simple discussion with you and DEVIL because you guys are quick to tear everything down----and you are trying to discredit things that are 100% TRUE. Like I said before, I think you guys have a problem with anyone saying that the Viper can't be matched in anyway. You guys would probably even go as far as telling a Z06 owner that they could never match or exceed the performance with Chevy aftermarket parts. Thats where you guys are wrong----thats where you guys are unwilling to listen. I don't see the problem here. I know that a Cobra can be upgraded to exceed the performance of a STOCK 03 VIPER-----but I also know if you add some aftermarket parts to that VIPER----it will exceed the performance of an aftermarket 03 Mustang. I'm not disputing that. So why hell can't you guys accept. Then you wonder why I speak like an asshole in this board-----its because you guys are so unrealistic and the minute you here a Cobra can exceed the performance of a Viper-----you just want to start ripping on me. I'm knowledgeable-----but you guys just fall in love with what the magazines say----and I don't even argue those points.

Bassani X-pipe
IRS pinion brace
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ
Old 01-12-2003, 03:05 PM   #186
vortech
AF Enthusiast

you supercarman

there you go makinga stupid remark------not as good as I think they are------how many cars make 500rwt at 3500rpms. You think that a cobra making that much power down low isn't going to hall ass. You think 3.55 gears aren't going to make that car move-----you think putting in 4:10 gears aren't going to get you beastly numbers at the 1/4 mile----Bro-------you don't know shit------and you repeatedly show that. The Viper redlines at 6000rpm and the Cobra at 6800rpm. The Cobra is making monster torque like the Viper.

The 4.6L can make a great deal of power. The current engine doesn't have an aggressive cam---or ported heads for that matter. You can get aftermarket V-8 modular engines with ported heads and high lift cams------and you will see over 500 hp N/A. You don't believe me----contact DSSracing.com-------they make plenty of these engines that are used by mustang drag racers. Yes they are aftermarket, but they are still 4.6L DOHC. The modular can make over 500hp with the right hardware-----and N/A thats pretty damn impressive for a fuel injected V8. And if you don't think so------then you guys just don't know jack shit.

Bassani X-pipe
IRS pinion brace
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ
Old 01-12-2003, 07:47 PM   #187
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino
Re: and by the way . . .

Quote:
Originally posted by vortech
I'm not flaming------I'm just to shitheads----who are the same as those who beleieved the world was flat---because no one ever ventured to disprove it. Typically chumps postin!
Ok Columbus thank you for enlightening us. If this forum and this threads are not up to your standards maybe you should go someplace else. The rest of us like these "shithreads" as you put it what can you do I guess we're all chumps.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Old 01-12-2003, 09:46 PM   #188
v10_viper
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to v10_viper
watchi it vortech, that smart ass cocky boy attitude is gonna git my fist in your face, as well as a lot of other people's fists, you might as well get off AF because no one likes you and you talk shit out of your ass. you come here and criticize the Viper your almost guaranteed to get flamed. you dont listen to Polygon, Devil, Neutrino, or me or anybody else, well if Viper 10 were here you would listen to him becaues not only does he know his shit about the Viper, he knows more about cars and engineering than you do little boy.
Old 01-13-2003, 06:51 AM   #189
vortech
AF Enthusiast

please

real tough guy. I wish I lived close to you pussy----because if you saw me in person-----I'd make you apologize on your knees. I wish I could meet you in person, you're probably some punk ass, dumbass ---- raised by white trash as it typical with guys that sound like you.

Bassani X-pipe
IRS pinion brace
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ
Old 01-13-2003, 07:25 AM   #190
Menu dei Motori
Click here

Send a message via ICQ to Menu dei Motori Send a message via AIM to Menu dei Motori Send a message via MSN to Menu dei Motori
Re: please

Quote:
Originally posted by vortech
real tough guy. I wish I lived close to you pussy----because if you saw me in person-----I'd make you apologize on your knees. I wish I could meet you in person, you're probably some punk ass, dumbass ---- raised by white trash as it typical with guys that sound like you.

are you crazy?

calm down man!
Old 01-13-2003, 07:39 AM   #191
Neutrino
Yaya Master

bad news

V10_Viper be careful I've run into this picture of vortec and looks like he means business.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg masterkilled.jpg (22.8 KB, 88 views)

(\__/)
Old 01-13-2003, 07:46 AM   #192
Menu dei Motori
Click here

hey all guys come down and come back to the facts of the viper!
stop argueing!
thanks!
Old 01-13-2003, 08:00 AM   #193
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Menu dei Motori
hey all guys come down and come back to the facts of the viper!
stop argueing!
thanks!
Viper what is a viper???

Just j/k.

Well back on topic I guess. 500/500 Hp/Tq + lighter than the new 350Z with a super stiff frame = a helluva nice car.

(\__/)
Old 01-13-2003, 01:49 PM   #194
DeViL
AF Enthusiast

I didn't mind getting into the debate with vortech it was getting good. Neither of us were throwing slander at each other. Nothing like a little healthy debate right? I'm not going to reply anymore because you did start to get out of hand, and rude. When it gets to that point there is no reason to continue argueing because it won't go anywhere.

Last thing I'm going to say. You asked where did you say the Cobra is better then the Viper? You're right no where, you didn't directly come out and say that, but that is what you were trying to prove so you said it throughout all of your posts. And by proving that you were argueing that with 15 psi the Cobra was much faster, and with modifications to the suspension, it can outhandle a Viper, and you can do all this for less then the price of a Viper. Those statements right there, are showing that you are saying the Cobra is better. Whether you came out and said it or not is irrevelent.
Old 01-13-2003, 07:43 PM   #195
v10_viper
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to v10_viper
Re: bad news

Quote:
Originally posted by Neutrino
V10_Viper be careful I've run into this picture of vortec and looks like he means business.

OH NO!!! he might bite my ear!!

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Viper | Viper SRT19 Roadster