Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorsports Post topics for any "Work In Process" motorsports vehicles in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 06:18 AM   #1
DailyGrindCustoms
AF Newbie

Aoshima Vertex FD3S RX-7

Hi all

As part of a group drift car build challenge I am taking on this one:

I'll be building it as a Pro-Am type drift car that could also be used for Time Attack.

I just have a question about the chassis fuel tank area. On most versions of this kit I have seen online the fuel tank is much larger, where as this version has a tab for what I'm guessing is a dual exhaust - though only a single is supplied.

The instructions do not say anything about this, they show a full fuel tank so can anybody who has build this kit shed any light on what is going on here please and how they dealt with it?

Thanks
James

Last edited by DailyGrindCustoms; 12-29-2018 at 06:59 AM.
DailyGrindCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 10:37 AM   #2
petesy
AF Regular

Re: Aoshima Vertex FD3S RX-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyGrindCustoms View Post
The instructions do not say anything about this, they show a full fuel tank so can anybody who has build this kit shed any light on what is going on here please and how they dealt with it?

The tank was cut off when Aoshima modified the mold of the chassis so it could be used for their then new FC3S kit. The instruction was from the time before the chassis was hacked off so it still showed a full tank.

I have seen people on Facebook use plastic pieces as fillers to reshape the tank.
petesy is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports