Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Viper | Viper SRT19 Roadster
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 01:20 AM   #1
Viper 10
AF Enthusiast

New SRT-10 Viper Coupe Prototype Photo's

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/sho...5&o=&fpart=all

So what do you all think? I think that this is really disappointing. Prototypes are supposed to be over-the-top and this one is well below expectations. IMO it looks like a C6 Corvette in front and a Mustang in the rear. They obviously did a hack job by putting the Carbon Coupe concept top from last year's SEMA and integrated a hatch. Unfortunately the trunk area is way too short to do this and it ends up looking like crap

Dodge needs to go back to the drawing board and do this like the Comp Coupe. That's what you get when you hire a designer from Toyota...

Brad

Viper 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 10:43 AM   #2
DSSgrl2004
AF Newbie

Re: New SRT-10 Viper Coupe Prototype Photo's

where did you get this pic? do you know where it was taken? i was at the voi.8 when they brought it out thursday, and they had it out for display friday, but i was under the impression it never left the truck/hotel.... just curious!
DSSgrl2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 05:19 PM   #3
Samurai75007
AF Enthusiast

Thos pics were taken at the hotel in back halls. I was there when that guy took the pics. I also have some pics of it when it was being shown to everyone.
Samurai75007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 11:05 PM   #4
Samurai75007
AF Enthusiast

Here are my two I got...

Samurai75007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 09:04 PM   #5
DiabloGT
Banned

should have spoilers... and nicer rims and its good... like those hre rims and red paint lower on that page...
DiabloGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 10:35 PM   #6
Andydg
AF Enthusiast

I think it looks pretty sweet. About it looking like a C6 Corvette, it seems to me that it has the same front at the convertable SRT-10 right??? That was out before the C6 Corvette, so wouldn't the C6 look like the Viper, not the other way around???
Andydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 02:40 PM   #7
DiabloGT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper 10
http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/sho...5&o=&fpart=all

So what do you all think? I think that this is really disappointing. Prototypes are supposed to be over-the-top and this one is well below expectations. IMO it looks like a C6 Corvette in front and a Mustang in the rear. They obviously did a hack job by putting the Carbon Coupe concept top from last year's SEMA and integrated a hatch. Unfortunately the trunk area is way too short to do this and it ends up looking like crap

Dodge needs to go back to the drawing board and do this like the Comp Coupe. That's what you get when you hire a designer from Toyota...

Brad
lol wheres the 600-650hp hemi monster coupe that looks good and will smoke a lambo like you said...
Old 09-15-2004, 04:03 PM   #8
DeViL
AF Enthusiast

Looking at that from the side its like the tried to combine the old GTS with the new Viper. Looks really....off.

The back looks stubby or something.
DeViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 01:47 AM   #9
Viper 10
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: New SRT-10 Viper Coupe Prototype Photo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloGT
lol wheres the 600-650hp hemi monster coupe that looks good and will smoke a lambo like you said...
Listen up, I never said that they were going to release this motor. It IS being tested at PVO in AZ and if you read further down that thread you will see some of the VCA higher ups like Steve Ferguson mention it.

There is also anothe rprototype that wasn't shown at VOI that closely resembles the Comp Coupe... but since no one mentioned it, then you won't believe it.

Sorry that I tried to keep you folks informed. IMO this prototype looks like a pile of poop. I wouldn't take this if it was free...

Brad

Viper 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 06:31 PM   #10
DiabloGT
Banned

Re: Re: Re: New SRT-10 Viper Coupe Prototype Photo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper 10
Listen up, I never said that they were going to release this motor. It IS being tested at PVO in AZ and if you read further down that thread you will see some of the VCA higher ups like Steve Ferguson mention it.

There is also anothe rprototype that wasn't shown at VOI that closely resembles the Comp Coupe... but since no one mentioned it, then you won't believe it.

Sorry that I tried to keep you folks informed. IMO this prototype looks like a pile of poop. I wouldn't take this if it was free...

Brad
sorry i didnt mean to piss you off, i was just joking

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Viper | Viper SRT19 Roadster