Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 10:28 AM   #1
towdad28
AF Newbie

Lightbulb the evil car

i have a 1993 olds achievia my problem started wednesday when i went to turn my car off every thing but the motor went off this is the first time i have seen any thing like this happen what should i look at to fix ??
towdad28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 03:41 PM   #2
Doug Rodrigues
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Doug Rodrigues
We need a little better explaination. You turned the ignition key off and the engine kept running normally? Is that what happened? OR did it lope along or kick backwards and die? If the engine continued to run normally, that's easy....you probably have a defective ignition switch. If it loped along like running on one or two cylinders and sounded like a pinging sound while it was doing it....probably pre-ignition caused by a hot spot in the cylinder head. For that, the first thing I'd try is a new set of spark plugs and a better quality of gasoline....or a different brand of gasoline. If the second problem continues, e-mail me and I'll tell you how to correct for that. It's a bit extreme, but something you can do yourself, and I don't mean blowing the carbon out at 120 mph!

Last edited by Doug Rodrigues; 05-09-2004 at 04:21 PM.
Doug Rodrigues is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk