Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
'88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee Partnership with: LadyNRedSi.com
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 02:34 PM   #1
SilenThunder
AF Newbie

Dents... repairable?

I have 2 major dent areas on my civic. I just got it back from my sister and on the passenger side door around behind the wheel the panel was kicked in completely and the door was unable to open... I bent it out rather good but some other dents till remain that I'm not sure how to get rid of.

The second area is, the hood of the car. I have a problem where, when I release the hood, the latch does not spring back so when I try to close the hood, it doesn't catch. I gotta work it out with a screwdriver so the hood will catch and close properly... neways, my sisters friend figure if he forced it, it would close but... he dented it all in and I don't think I can hammer it out...

Are there any ways I can repair these dents without putting hundreds into it...

Thanks..

Passenger Door: http://users.accesscomm.ca/brad0ca/car1.JPG

Car Hood: http://users.accesscomm.ca/brad0ca/car2.JPG
SilenThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 03:01 PM   #2
Hybrid1990crx
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Hybrid1990crx
Re: Dents... repairable?

i think you should kill your sister and her friend for fucking up your car.
Saturn Stealership Technician #331
Hybrid1990crx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 03:08 PM   #3
vladlos
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to vladlos

the cheap and easy way to fix it will be just to go and get some body filler and fill in the dents with that...it isnt the best way to do it but its an inexpensive option that you have. or u can just go and get urself a new door and hood at the junkyard. also, i think right now on ebay somebody is selling a passenger side door from a civic hatch for 20 bux.
Old 09-12-2004, 09:41 AM   #4
93_R/T_TT_Stealth
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 93_R/T_TT_Stealth Send a message via MSN to 93_R/T_TT_Stealth Send a message via Yahoo to 93_R/T_TT_Stealth

the way i would go if you want a dent out without having to put a hole in it an pull then use body fill or just use body filler without pulling first.... is there is a company called Dent Wizards they use a high power suction that will even pull out a pin head sized dent - i called them up an they acually will come to your house but i went to them because i didnt see in any point in paying for them to drive an charge me w/e the crazy price would be... but i had 3 dings on my driver side door an crease on the back lower left quarter - so i took it to them an they made the car look as if there was never a dent there in the first place with out even fuckin up the pait - that is the best way to go if you want a real nice job done with out canabalizing your cars body an adding un-necessary wieght to it.... this is the site for them ... http://www.dentwiz.com/
Good Luck
93_R/T_TT_Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #5
dbernabe
AF Newbie

Dents can be repaired if you bring the car to a professional; however, do-it-yourself dent repairs can also be done. All you have to do is to ensure that you have the proper tools. I found a good article in the internet with regards on how you can fix dents on your car.

How to repair car dents article

Just a heads up, a do-it-yourself takes time but it's fun and will allow you to save money. You can also try browsing some videos online, I found some professionals who post video tutorials on the internet. Just be wary that some of them teach impossible ways. Hope it helps.
dbernabe is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee