Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Cavalier Problem Diagnosis
Cavalier Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? We can help.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
itzaboy
AF Newbie

Popping sounds from front end

This started happening about 2 months ago and I've yet figured it out yet, Background: Crossing over a road, my wife hit the small dip most roads have leading up to an entrance as we were moving about 20 mph's we heard a very loud "POP". At first I thought we had just blown a tire, but that was not the case. In fact I could not find anything wrong with the car at all. Now it happens almost all the time as she turns either way, I cannot replicate the sound with the car in the air. I have replaced the ball joint but that did nothing,and there is not a stabilizer bar on the car even though my book shows one. Any ideals would be appreciated.
itzaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:29 AM   #2
itzaboy
AF Newbie

Re: Popping sounds from front end

Found out what it was. The top of the spring had broken and was rubbing everything it could touch and getting caught up in the strut mount. Fixed it and now have no problems.
itzaboy is offline   Reply With Quote