Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Titan
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 03:14 PM   #1
Chevy person
AF Newbie

Would you buy it again?

For those of you that have a Nissan Titan that have had a Chevrolet Silverado, if you had to do over, would you still by the Titan? We have a newer Silverado and are wanting to trade this year but not sure of the 2007 Silverado so we were going to get a Ford but someone was telling us about his Titan today and tought we should look at one. For those that have had a Silverado, is the Titan a quieter and smoother ridding truck or is the Silverado?

Thanks
Chevy person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:07 AM   #2
Zyphyer
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to Zyphyer
Re: Would you buy it again?

yeah this reply is all late, but i'll chip in my two cents.

IF your looking for a woork truck, i see no better truck than a titan. It comes stock with the monster 5.6.

Now it sounds like you want something a little nicer. I own a 2004 titan. and the only truck i thought was in it's league that year was the f-150. I dont know if your anti-ford or what not, but ford makes a good truck (crappy cars). The ride in a titan is very comfortable. It has all the nice features that make it a joy to drive and ride in. i towed a very large car (7500 lbs car and trailer) from nevada to ohio and hardly felt like i was towing anything. Very smooth.
*Note I own a fully loaded LE Crew cab. Other models might ride different.
Zyphyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:09 AM   #3
Zyphyer
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to Zyphyer

As an afterthought,
I have been looking to trade it in. I want to get a custom F-650 with 6 doors. check out www.f650pickups.com to see what i mean. The kodiak series chevy has doesn't even compare
Zyphyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:27 AM   #4
StevieRayB
AF Newbie

Yep, without hesitation. As I posted on other threads here; I had a 2004 GMC 1500 Z71. The Titan is a far-superior truck when it comes to power, ride, and so-far - reliability which is where I had problems with the GMC. Gas mileage is the same as the GMC (16-18 highway, 14-15 city).
StevieRayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:58 PM   #5
jnicholson_23
AF Newbie

Have you checked out the new Tundra?
jnicholson_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:15 PM   #6
89Firebird2.8
AF Regular

When i look for a truck, i typically by a one-ton from Ford. But if i needed a half-ton for some messed up reason, i'd probably at least look at a Titan.
89Firebird2.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:42 PM   #7
sand1man
AF Newbie

I've had a Silverado, I currently drive a 04 f-450 deisel for work and have a Titan for personal. I have a 06 Xe crew cab, only thing I would change is I would have gotten an se.I like the chevy to but as far as towing a boat and comfort I wouldn't give up the Titan. as far as the ford, I am glad it's a company truck and I will never buy a ford truck again.it has 55,000 miles on it and has had a new turbo,tranny,3 heater cores,2 wiring harnesses,fuel pump and a few other things, I like the tundra to but I think it's a bit pricey.
sand1man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 03:15 PM   #8
jeblen
AF Newbie

I work for a nissan dealer, and I must say, after learning all of the new technology that the Titan has to offer, I was very impressed. Nissan went far out of their way to make the Titan the best of the best. And it really is in all aspects. Its got all the power you would want in a truck, but it drives just as smoothly as a car.
jeblen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 07:11 PM   #9
juma33
AF Newbie

probably not. titan is great but when you have to repair it, the cost of tranny or a rear end is way higher than chevy would be. I think thats the issue for the someone who is going to hold on for 200k. most I guess can just buy the 100k warranty and run with it, selling later before something goes wrong. titan performance is stunning. I have the lightest '04 XE and it easily gets 20 mpg and 22 many times. it is smooth and powerful and tows like a freight train. recently though something broke in the radiator and trans fluid mixed with cooland and vice versa. that was a 1700 buck fix and WTF is with that breakdown anyway!
juma33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:13 PM   #10
QuimB
AF Newbie

I know my 08' Titan is a piece of Crap! Always in the shop. I two others, one got a factory buy back under the Lemon Law, the other sold it as fast as he could because of the ongoing problems. Mine is in the shop now for a driveshaft replacement and it's going to take a month for them to fix it. What a joke Nissan is. Oh, and my wife's 06' Nissan Pathfinder junk and full of it's share of problems. Nissans are junk. Never again!
QuimB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:47 PM   #11
juma33
AF Newbie

Mines at 80k now. seems to run good. still gets great mileage. I probably go chev next time though for the reasons state above...
juma33 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Titan