Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-12-2002, 11:25 PM   #76
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to JBL85
nice???? they are the best sound you will ever hear out of a car....also a turbo spooling up is like hte next best sound and then vtec is pretty gnarley
Old 02-13-2002, 10:03 AM   #77
mastachi
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mastachi
yea friends 'lude has VTEC, he gets psyched up when his kicks in..its still not like a turbo though..so "nice" was a bit of unserstatement..how bout..fucking amazing??
what do you when a blonde throws a pin at you? ... run like hell 'cause she has a grenade in her mouth...what do you do when a blonde throws a grenade at you? ... pull the pin out and throw it back at her...
mastachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 12:40 PM   #78
Tom_S8
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Tom_S8
Quote:
Originally posted by mastachi
that was good dejoux. TOM_S8.. The CLK 230 does come without a kompressor. The S class and CL class do have kompressors. You need to look up that info again about the CLK. Look at Car an Driver, then go look at the Mercedes Web page..they all say what im saying.. why would they make a sports car that big with such a small engine?? thats makes no sense. I do not know where you got that info? but its wrong. The CL is a huge coupe sports car, why wouldnt they put a kompressor in it??
I guess you know better what car MB makes than themselves

http://www.mercedes-benz.com/e/cars/clk/clk230.htm

Anyway if CL 600 is a kompressor , why it makes 367 hp out of 5.8L V12, isn't that a
little low rate for a forced induction car? I won't be discussing with you anymore because it doesn't make sense , if you tell me to check MB site and this is where i got my information... And why they don't put kompressor in any ferrari? They're all sport cars , and besides F40 that is a turbo they're all naturally aspirated , lamborghini also doesn't use forced induction , bmw also doesn't use kompressors in neither M3 or M5, honda doesn't use kompressors in any of their cars , hmm why they didn't think about it before you... you'd better tell'em about it because otherwise they'll never make good sportcars...
Tom_S8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 12:54 PM   #79
Tom_S8
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
also, those time of 0-100 Km/h is wrong, cause thats approximately 0-62 mph.. so those times are off a little.
yeah , but you say that without kompressor it makes the 0-60 in 7.5 and with the kompressor it makes 0-62 in 7.9 that's kind of strange , because there's about 3,2 % difference between 100 km/h (approx 62 mph) and 60 mph and between the 230 engine without kompressor (143hp , which IMO wasn't put into CLK , it was in the V-series van) and the kompressor (197 hp) it's about 27,5 % difference , so that time of 7.5 for 143 hp isn't possible...
Old 02-13-2002, 11:47 PM   #80
mastachi
AF Enthusiast

i stand down from my pedestal, boy do i feel humiliated. i need to stop doing this.
what do you when a blonde throws a pin at you? ... run like hell 'cause she has a grenade in her mouth...what do you do when a blonde throws a grenade at you? ... pull the pin out and throw it back at her...
Old 02-14-2002, 12:10 AM   #81
JBL85
AF Fanatic

HAHA......yeah mercedes are tricky, they mostly only kompress their 4 bangers cuz they are such awful motors they need it......but its nice to seem them with out FI, cuz those bitches in 220 mercedes think they are the shit and their cars suck, although their lifetime free supply of oil changes kicks ass.
Old 02-14-2002, 01:50 AM   #82
mastachi
AF Enthusiast

yea, true, i get confused easily. The people who own AMG's version of the Mercedes can talk shit though..I think it is cool all the variety M-B offers though. I still love Mercedes though..I lived in Sindelfingen, and what a great experience..The new SL is fucking amazing. There are some people who fucking know there shit, i need to learn from this...i dont want to come off as a cocky know it all, if i do, i give right to the one who knows more than me to make me look stupid..
Old 02-14-2002, 03:30 AM   #83
Tom_S8
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
The new SL is fucking amazing
True
Yeah , and comes with a kompressor V8 too , 5.5 L and 475 hp...
Maybe i'll change my audi for that car if the prices go a little down , because now it's too much for me... Anyway i'm not even 20 years old (it's coming this year... by the year of birth i'm 20 ) But i think i've acomplished something before those 20 years old , i have a house and 3 cars , and i'm living on my own and i bought'em for my own...
Old 02-14-2002, 04:20 AM   #84
mastachi
AF Enthusiast

well fucking shit the bed...(that means im amazed..):smoker2:
Old 02-14-2002, 01:36 PM   #85
joeB
AF Enthusiast

So getting back on track here whats the best car youve

driven?
joeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 04:00 PM   #86
Tom_S8
AF Enthusiast

Ferrari 355 spider... Blue with tan interior , a sunny day at cote d'Azur in france , some kind of friend's friend's father got it , he was a really nice guy , and a true car enthusiast and he said that he knows a beautiful road near the sea that is almost always empty and we have taken the car there he was driving and let me drive the way back , anyway i wasn't driving very fast because i was scared by this car and the thought of crashing it... omg , but it was still one of the best days in my life... :smoker2:
Old 02-15-2002, 10:44 PM   #87
border_project
AF Enthusiast

i dont get any chance to drive or be driven in any kind of nice car here.
but back in japan i rode in a R34 gtr, evo 6, impreza version 6, civic typer, and a rx7.
border_project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2002, 10:35 AM   #88
Kopernikus
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Kopernikus
I've driven in a gold 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (it's my uncles), a silver 1999 Lincoln Navigator (my dad's boss), and when I didn't know much about cars I didn't care, but I sat in my godfather's black 2000 Mercedes Benz S600.
Old 05-18-2002, 01:33 PM   #89
joeB
AF Enthusiast

Post jbl

Quote:
Originally posted by JBL85
nice???? they are the best sound you will ever hear out of a car....also a turbo spooling up is like hte next best sound and then vtec is pretty gnarley

JBL, Is it true that your on your second tranny? Its been awhile, but
what happend so soon?
joeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 01:57 PM   #90
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Haha......Mis shifted from second to third and put it in first with so much ease I didnt realize it till i dropped the clutch....and i was racing so I bent something in there. NIssan had noooooo idea and they just replaced it no qustions asked.