Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Express | G Van
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 04:41 PM   #1
Bart8528
AF Newbie

Peeling Clear Coat

I have a '98 Chevy G20 Express conversion van that is losing all its clear coat that's on the conversion fiberglass parts (top, window and wheel well trim, etc.) Because of the height of the unit it has always been out side in the sun. All of the factory paint is good, only the added pieces are affected. Any ideas about stripping and preparing for repainting? Sand paper and elbow grease?
Bart8528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:40 PM   #2
Ikeepitreelz
AF Newbie

Re: Peeling Clear Coat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart8528 View Post
I have a '98 Chevy G20 Express conversion van that is losing all its clear coat that's on the conversion fiberglass parts (top, window and wheel well trim, etc.) Because of the height of the unit it has always been out side in the sun. All of the factory paint is good, only the added pieces are affected. Any ideas about stripping and preparing for repainting? Sand paper and elbow grease?

Hey, I have the same problem, factory paint is descent, I've heard you can sand down the clear coat and just re-spray it . Don't know much about body work, It's an art to me but should've of picked it up along the 25 years of working on mechanical stuff . Le t me know if you find an answer to this problem
Ikeepitreelz is offline   Reply With Quote