Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Dealer Experiences
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Dealer Experiences If you want to brag or complain about the deal or the service you got, this is the place.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 03:59 PM   #1
DrunkenMonkey1803
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to DrunkenMonkey1803
Thumbs up New Civic SE from Martin Honda, Newark, DE

Just got a good deal (in my opinion) on a 2dr manual '05 Civic EX SE. Paid a little over $17,000 including tax&tags, So the car itself was just over invoice. Dave Romanowski, the salesman, was by far the most helpful salesman i talked to because the circumstances i was buying and insuring the car under was kinda weird. So many kudo's to him and the dealership.

Now I do have a question for anyone who can help. What is the best way to break in the engine and car, and how long is the break in period. I've heard that you should thoroughly run it through all RPM's throughout the break in period, and that long trips at a constant speed isn't good. Is this true? At college i'm in city/town, stop&go traffic, but when I go home, which i do about once a week to visit friends and family, i have about an hour trip at about 65mph. I'm not an aggressive driver and am especially conservative now because i'm still getting used to standard transmission (I've always driven auto, but glad i switched :P). Aight well that's my background so if someone could guide me to properly break in my car i'd be very appreciative. I would like to break it in properly so it will last. Thanks.
ROB
DrunkenMonkey1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 07:32 PM   #2
RickwithaTbird
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to RickwithaTbird Send a message via MSN to RickwithaTbird Send a message via Yahoo to RickwithaTbird
Re: New Civic SE from Martin Honda, Newark, DE

You shouldnt raise hell in the car for at least about 500 miles. Id wait till about 1000. 500-1000 is a pretty normal break in period.
RickwithaTbird is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Dealer Experiences