Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 09:00 PM   #1
jimyndana
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to jimyndana
Smile Wipers won't 'park'

We have a 97 Trans Port. When my wife went to back out of the driveway. She hit the wipers to make one swipe across the window (no ice just water) The wiper came out of 'park' and rested on the windshield not to mave again. I went to the junk yard and picked up a new motor assy. After swamping the assy the new one will run the wipers but will not 'park'. Everything else seems to work right. Did I do something wrong during the install? Is there some kind of a switch that tells it to park? I feel as if I don't have something right about the install (even though I replaced it the same as removed)
jimyndana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 03:16 PM   #2
jimyndana
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to jimyndana
Thumbs up

OK here's the deal. So everyone will know there is a 'park alignment tab that has to be aligned with the wiper motor. I talked to a GM tech and he explained how it worked. With walked me thru a quick fix. THANKS
jimyndana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 01:04 AM   #3
tigerfreak36
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to tigerfreak36
Re: Wipers won't 'park'

hi was the motor hard to change? i have a 94 lumina apv same thing as the transport and the wipers will work if i hit the motor thanks much Rick
tigerfreak36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 09:25 AM   #4
TaiN
AF Newbie

Hello, I have a 94 Lumina APV myself with wiper problems. What I did first was run a ground wire to the motor. That worked for about 2 weeks. Then I found a pulse board on ebay and replaced that and now it works like a champ. The motor is held on with 3 bolts and the pulse board in on the motor. Hope this helps!
TaiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 12:23 PM   #5
echerr
AF Newbie

GM had several circuit boards (used on many of their vehicles like pick-ups and vans) that had cold solder connections. I fixed them once, but it seems that the boards had some type of contamination. This is just me talking though; I work for a circuit board manufacturer so Iím familiar with them. The easiest thing to do is to replace the circuit board, which controls the wipers. They cost $35 at Full Service Auto Parts and it takes only ten minutes to replace.
echerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 07:51 PM   #6
djwright4341
AF Newbie

Re: Wipers won't 'park'

Having same problem with my '97 Sunfire. I'd like to check the park alignment tab and everything else, but I can't get at the wiper motor under the plastic cowl that covers it. Is there some trick to getting the wiper arms off? I removed the nuts at the base and the arms are supposed to just pull straight off, but they won't budge. I scratched the paint on either side trying to pull them off with pliers but was afraid I'd break something if I pulled too hard. I wiggled and pulled and shook and even cussed at them but they wouldn't move. Any ideas would be appreciated!
djwright4341 is offline   Reply With Quote