Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Rumors & Concepts
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Rumors & Concepts Post pictures and discuss the upcoming cars, rumors and spy photos.
View Poll Results: Choose between this SportCars in matter of design & style only!
BMW Z8 13 13.40%
Chevrolet Corvette 20 20.62%
Daewoo Bucrane 4 4.12%
Lotus Elise 28 28.87%
Posche 911 32 32.99%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 08:45 PM   #16
Euro19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Euro19 Send a message via AIM to Euro19 Send a message via Yahoo to Euro19
Wink

haha, It´s funny how people trash on cars while they don´t have ANYTHING better to stand up for. Some don´t even have a car; so they don´t know, others have something more alike an old big BOAT, and some mention driving pleasure while driving something that is plain mediocre that doesnt even has style.
My opinion is that for the price there´s nothing better than a Daewoo.

why is everybody talking all this stuff about me, why don´t just they let me live?

- Daewoo

The Best SUV it´s korean!

Euro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 04:03 AM   #17
Eldalie
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Eldalie Send a message via Yahoo to Eldalie
Talking Won't change much

Well it still doesn't change the fact that this car is a Dae-wooooooo... And because you are driving a Deawoo a Daewoo won't be better, and this still doesn't change the fact that because I am driving a Fiat a Fiat won't be better...

Fiat Club Türkiye
Eldalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 08:05 AM   #18
tigermiata
AF Enthusiast

The roofline and C-pillar shape looks lifted from Raymond Loewy's Lancia-based Loraymo (sorry, I couldn't find a pic on-line), which IMHO is not a good thing, but I like the front end of this Daewoo.

Also, someone should forward this photo to Chris Bangle as an example of bodyside sculpting that isn't dog-vomit replusive.
2005 Acura RSX Type S
tigermiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 08:40 PM   #19
Yasunori
AF Newbie

Re: Won't change much

I have a lot of faith in Korean engineering, Hyundai made a big turn-around in quality, and they own Kia now, who did the same. I don't know if Daewoo has a relationship with Hyundai though.
It's a nice looking car. I'm sorry if I missed a link to the specs but what are they?
Old 08-24-2003, 11:29 PM   #20
genjy
AF Enthusiast

More pictures of the concept:

Not hot, IMO.
If 240HP is a selling point, I would rather have that 240HP in some other car.
genjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 09:52 AM   #21
intox
AF Regular

I'm korean american, in korea right now and I will say this.
Daewoo sucks... nuff said there.
on the other hand, KIA and Hyundai have really changed. I used to be ashamed of them but I think the are dealing with the same shit Honda, Toyota, and Nissan dealt with coming in the 80's. If you look at older jap imports, they suck. But they were cheap and got better and better. I think the Kia Sorrento, Hyundai Tiburon, and upcoming Hyundai LZ420 are great improvements in designs. Lot of the new cars are coming in with great reviews. Oh and people say they have the 10year/100,000 warranty cause the cars are gonna fall apart. HELLO!!!!???? What business man would do that??? They want to make money, they are not stupid. They are showing that much faith in their work, and if they want to make more money off that, they have to make the cars good quality to last. Be open minded. I would actually take a hyundai or kia over a mazda, isuzu, or suzuki...(excluding RX-8), couldn't have said that 5 years ago for mazda, so they are coming up.
intox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 05:54 PM   #22
bobby28384
AF Enthusiast

Daewoo makes some of the worst cars ever known to man. I'm going to say top three that are in production at the moment:

Daewoo
Kia
Hyundai

They're all South Korean!! Irony: Japanese cars are so well-built, look what they have on the mainland!!

Volkswagen. Drivers Wanted. Don't be a ricer. Get a Golf.
bobby28384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 06:00 PM   #23
911S_TARGA_RSR
AF Enthusiast

Re: You´re not gonna believe this Asian SportsCar! It´s hot hot hot

YOU problably can guess which car i voted for; thats right the PORSCHE 911 baby.
Old 11-06-2003, 11:25 PM   #24
Eldalie
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Eldalie Send a message via Yahoo to Eldalie
Well, O.K. Toyota is the leader in car manufacturing right now, especially after the release of the New Avensis and the New Corolla, you can really see that there is a real difference in quality !
But Hyundai is a company that is continously improving it's Total Quality Management (and that doesn't only mean the car manufacturing process) and if they go on like this they could really push the throne of Toyota... but Deawoo still sucks !

Fiat Club Türkiye
Eldalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 10:39 PM   #25
Iman de las chicas
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Iman de las chicas

Uuuugggglllllyyyy!!!!!
Iman de las chicas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 12:19 PM   #26
cbortnsx
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to cbortnsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus XIII
Well of course it looks nice. It was designed by Giugiaro and his Italdesign team. They also did the skin for Daewoo's original Leganza. But who really cares, now that Daewoo is bankrupt and is under the guidance of GM, we probably won't see anything of this caliber in the near future.
Yeah we will. Even though Daewoo's already been picked up, the replacements for the Nubira and Laganza are still designed by Pininfarina and Italdesign. (I forget which designed which car). These cars are still being sold in most countries as Daewoos, and here as the Suzuki Forenza and Verona. the reason Daewoo could do these concepts in the 1990s (Shiraz, Bucrane, Joy, etc. ) is because they picked up IAD in the early 1990s (the designers of the infamous Alien and Venus cars). They still own IAD, so presumably, the concept cars will continue.
cbortnsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 05:01 PM   #27
Lamborsari_Merbini
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Lamborsari_Merbini Send a message via AIM to Lamborsari_Merbini Send a message via MSN to Lamborsari_Merbini

out of those cars i'd pick the 911, with the Z8 a close 2nd. This is assuming of course that it is a 996. i wouldnt take the average carrera over the Z8. I actually had a chance to see the Z8 in real life and while i thought it had a cool design and looked nice(not to mention it could be slower) it just didnt look like the $196 000 Canadian that the price tag said. I've seen many 996's and i've always liked the design and its just more my kind of car(if i could ever afford a car that expensive)
Lamborsari_Merbini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:19 PM   #28
DinanM3_S2
Scuderia Kimi

IMO the 911 has always had the best styling of any car on the planet. Simply perfect. The Z8 and the Elise also have pretty nice styling.

That car honestly doesnt look that bad. Especially for a Daewoo... I think Korea might suprise us someday and be an actual competitor in the car market. There about where Japan was before their rise to power. Korean cars are getting better and better (but still arn't very good at this point) and maintain encredibly low prices. I could buy around 6 Suzuki Aerios for the price of my M3 But seriously, if Korea maintains its course following Japan's model, they could seriously be worth looking at in another 15-20 years. Only tricky part is staying in business.
DinanM3_S2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 02:23 AM   #29
TSOPbananaforyou
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to TSOPbananaforyou Send a message via AIM to TSOPbananaforyou Send a message via MSN to TSOPbananaforyou Send a message via Yahoo to TSOPbananaforyou
I HAVE a kia well.... it's not badged as a kia but kia made it and sold it to ford. Ford calls it the Aspire and Kia calls it the pride. It is a good car. It has been in my family for it's whole life from 1995 until now. The only problem we've had is that the transmission had to be replaced (probably because I drove it too hard). It ususally gets 22-32mpg. OH btw the way that Daewoo looks I would be intrested in it. I just don't remember any of the price information or a release date. Is there one?
TSOPbananaforyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 09:14 PM   #30
mx6rrr
AF Regular

Doesn't Daewoo make TV's?? And I heard they also engineer parts for machine guns.... .... ....Although, I do like the looks from the front of the car, but it seems to me they are trying to look like a jag. Personally, I hate when a company trys to look like a different car...oh well. As far as the survey goes, Porsche all the way baby. And in other news, how about that Scion Tc??!!?
mx6rrr is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Rumors & Concepts