Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 09:45 AM   #1
plymouth1962
AF Newbie

Ram Brakes

On My 2003 Ram With 20" Wheels I Had Brake Chatter. I Returned It To The Dealer, They Trued The Rotors And That Fixed It. 4000 Miles Later And It's Doing It Again. Any One Else Having This Problem?
plymouth1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 11:27 PM   #2
03hemiquad4x4
AF Newbie

Lightbulb Warp rotor

I have the same problem .It started at 9000 mi and I am just going to put new rotors and aftermarket pads. I went down this road befor on my Ford Crew and you cant solve the problem by making the rotors thinner by "truing" them the just heat up faster and warp sooner. you will spend more time at the dealer getting them turned than putting new rotors on. Auto zone sells new rotors for $24 ea lifetime pads which produce less dust the stock for 23$ so for under $100 your smooth again
03hemiquad4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 08:03 AM   #3
portsdna
AF Newbie

I have a 2003 quad cab hemi and ran into the same problem. A friend of mine has a 2003 with a 5.9L and had the same problem. I took mine to the dealer and they replaced the rotors. This was with less than 6000 miles. Now with 11000 miles, its starting to do the same thing. I was considering taking it back to the dealer but I fear a recurring theme here. Any suggestions besides aftermarket rotors?
portsdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 05:40 PM   #4
usbpphillips
AF Newbie

Re: Ram Brakes

The dealer has already replaced my rotors and it is starting to "jump" again. Do the aftermarket rotors do any better? I had the 20 inch tires but traded them for a set of 17". They are better for towing.
usbpphillips is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10