Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-09-2001, 10:39 PM   #16
RevHappy Cowboy®
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Moppie
manufactored in Taiwan.
There goes my lifelong dream of owning a beamer
RevHappy Cowboy® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 09:56 AM   #17
jules
AF Newbie

Thumbs down

I am a proud owner of an E36 325i and my father has a E36 M3. Both were "final assembly" in Germany. I would like to say the following: In this day where globalization rears its ugly head, creating jaguars that are ford chassis, where volvo's are also fords and mercs are jeeps, or jeeps mercs, whatever you wish to think, and fords themselves are mexican or canadian made, It is nice to know that BMW has not succomed to this coalesence of quality, creating two compagnies interested in quantity over the aformentioned quality. To those of you whining about where your parts originated, I say Hogwash. If you actually took the time to look at your car, you will see that the important parts are made in germany, by either BMW or Bosch. So what if your steering wheel was stiched up in spain? or your vanity mirror assembled in Great Britain? The final masterwork was created in Germany. Is Rembrandt Greek because of the origin of his paints? Is Bach Italian because of the origin of his sheet music? Is you BMW not German because the plastic for the air induction molded in Spartanbug, N.C.? To that I say a resounding NO.
By the way, if you actually drive your car, instead of bitch and moan about the origins of some of your parts, you will most definately feel and know that your car is german.
jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 05:52 PM   #18
Technodrome
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Technodrome
I agree with you jules!!!!!
Technodrome is offline   Reply With Quote