Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-23-2002, 10:01 AM   #31
Kennedy
AF Regular

Take the boots off!

That stupid boot will fill with mud and then ruin the seal on the shock. I removed mine after about 6 months of being on and it was full of mud.
My shock is toast, it has about 3-4 inches of play in and out. This is what the shock is supposed to absorb (bumpsteer).
I even tried to ensure that the boot "holes were aligned to allow proper drainage... Nope, shock ruined.

The boot serves no purpose other than asthetics in the location it resides, and you can't even see it with the stock or SR plates. Take it off, or replace the shock every summer.

Psst, and oils will drain all over it during oill changes and make that pretty red boot quite sexy once it's covered in brown oil.

Kennedy
Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 11:16 PM   #32
SaberX
AF Newbie

Hey Todd, EOE makes great stuff for the Xterra.I have a few things from EOE on mine.The Idler arm brace,t-bars and soon steering shock.As soon so mi brackets come in.I got everything else even the rancho steering shock but the brackets.My parts guy said that EOE will ship them out to him soon.Still waiting on them.
I dont know if it is you that is looking after my order or not.
Do you recall looking after an order going to Eastern Edge Off-road in St Johns ,Newfoundland,Canada?
Is there a way you can check on it for me.
You can e-mail me at saber@roadrunner.nf.net

Thanks
Bill Wheeler
Old 06-12-2002, 12:23 PM   #33
Dayspring
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Dayspring
you might get better response by emailing him directly at sales@extreme4x4parts.com
----------------------------------------

Cobra 75 CB, EOE Sliderz, Skid Row Skids, PIAA 1500XT Fogs, PIAA Headlights, In-Cabin Microfilter, K&N Filter, Bilsteins x4, Rancho AAL's, MT 31's, Garmin eMap GPS, EOE HD Steering Stabilizer
Dayspring is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail