Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 07:26 PM   #121
Hodo
AF Enthusiast

Re: Twin Turbo Swap... READ

I dont think the heads are anywhere interchangeble. I wouldnt attempt it anyway. Would actually be more cost affective to just remount your VG30ET and mount a second turbo, to make it a VG30ETT and get some head and upper intake work done.

Thats if you dont go and try and wedge that VG30DETT in there... not going to say you shouldnt try it... hell I am still working on my VH45DE swap... finances are holding me back.. got everything ready to go. Just ran out of cash... damned economy.

Hodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:23 PM   #122
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ

Unless you are going for the 'unique' factor of the DETT, scrap the idea, it's not worth it in the end. The power you can make from the ET engine is good enough for 99% of the z31 owners out there. The heads do not interchange.
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:56 PM   #123
Z31Guy
AF Newbie

Thanks for the help guys, you are all right! lol kinda a pipe dream i suppose. I have however called up some performance shops out here in Tucson and found a place that will do some custome head work, bore the engine W/pollish, have my cams reground for under a $700!!! LOVE IT!!!

Oh, by the way, does anyone know how large you can bore a Z31? ... not many people seem to talk about it... odd... is it a bad idea or something? i mean a 3L V-6 can be bored and stroked to a 3.5 with NO problem! Maybe it is a cost thing?

Comments are greatly apreciated!

Thanks again Fellas!
Z31Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:34 AM   #124
300zxfairlady
AF Newbie

i heard that the na wiring harness will work no problem but youll just to put in a manual boost controller. And for the trans it will bolt right up but you have to space the starter out a little and grind out the bell housing a little since the Tt flywheel is bigger
300zxfairlady is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)