Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Viper | Viper SRT19 Roadster
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 03:11 AM   #76
DiabloGT
Banned

Re: why viper?

p.s. how fast can i get a hot chick when im in a viper?
DiabloGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 03:14 AM   #77
Eskareon
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Eskareon

Well, this thread is just a bit depressing. I just read through roughly six pages of Dodge Viper owners who clearly are the incarnate of my dream - to be one myself. I'm thorougly convinced, now, that the Dodge Viper is everything that I had hoped it would be, despite the criticism from some magazines and other "car enthusiasts."

Unfortunately, I don't see myself being the owner of said dream car anytime soon. In the middle of college and making $6 an hour in Gainesville, FL. Oh yeah, gold pockets, you know it. And even when I am finished with college, I still have absolutely no idea "what I want to be when I grow up." Thus the struggle between desire, preference, and reality kicks me in the face.

We all want to make good money, but we also want to be happy. It's not easy finding both of those in the equation known as "career." Blah.

But, anyways, I had the opportunity to go for a ride in a Dodge Viper GTS a few weeks back. Beautiful red with white racing stripes, I have never felt such power in my life. That ride blew away all doubts that I had - these cars are fast as hell, they can brake to a stop in an instant, and they hug turns like nobody's business. Oh, and every single freaking head turns to watch as they go by... SIGH!
Eskareon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 11:17 AM   #78
DiabloGT
Banned

Re: Re: why viper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskareon
Well, this thread is just a bit depressing. I just read through roughly six pages of Dodge Viper owners who clearly are the incarnate of my dream - to be one myself. I'm thorougly convinced, now, that the Dodge Viper is everything that I had hoped it would be, despite the criticism from some magazines and other "car enthusiasts."

Unfortunately, I don't see myself being the owner of said dream car anytime soon. In the middle of college and making $6 an hour in Gainesville, FL. Oh yeah, gold pockets, you know it. And even when I am finished with college, I still have absolutely no idea "what I want to be when I grow up." Thus the struggle between desire, preference, and reality kicks me in the face.

We all want to make good money, but we also want to be happy. It's not easy finding both of those in the equation known as "career." Blah.

But, anyways, I had the opportunity to go for a ride in a Dodge Viper GTS a few weeks back. Beautiful red with white racing stripes, I have never felt such power in my life. That ride blew away all doubts that I had - these cars are fast as hell, they can brake to a stop in an instant, and they hug turns like nobody's business. Oh, and every single freaking head turns to watch as they go by... SIGH!
well at least your lucky about something what year was the gts, and who let you ride theirs?
Old 08-13-2004, 07:33 PM   #79
va-un4given
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to va-un4given
Post puttin in 2 cents

a

Dodge vipers are awesome cars dont get me wrong, but i think they are a little pricey compared to say a corvette or say a hopped up camaro. For teh price of a viper you could stroke a new Ls-1 in either of teh two named cars above and easily get 600+hp and still have money to blow on the suspension, tranny, and rearend. I have only driven 1 viper in my time, that being a 98 gts. The owner (brother) of course only let me get it to about 160mph, fast as hell, put me in the back seat all the way to 160mph. BUT my 02 stroked ls-1 camaro is running high 10s in teh quarter, remains streetable and i still get 22mpg. Granted the handling isnt as good as the viper but i havent spent any money on it. In total i think i have about 33g in my 02 camaro and thats including buying it used. bang vs buck i think the viper is a bit pricey, BUT if you have the money to blwo get one the potential power for the car is enormous ie the stryker pkg. But when your a normal joe shmoe with no dough, its a little unreasnoable specially not when you can pick up a used ls-1 vette or camaro for a 1/4 of the cost dump 15g into it and hang with a stock or semi stock viper. WELP anyhow i gotta get outta here saw the thread thought id respond, take it easy fellas
va-un4given is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 02:09 PM   #80
DiabloGT
Banned

camaros can be fast, im about to put 3.5k into mine and it should have 550hp+ and 600torque+ on my 95' lt1, i dont really liek my 99' ls1 both z28's are fast, but i still like my 95 better i wanna sell my 99' but i dunno who to, i wanna sell it for $10-10.5k
Old 08-15-2004, 04:47 PM   #81
va-un4given
AF Regular

Cool reply to diablo

camaros can be fast, im about to put 3.5k into mine and it should have 550hp+ and 600torque+ on my 95' lt1, i dont really liek my 99' ls1 both z28's are fast, but i still like my 95 better i wanna sell my 99' but i dunno who to, i wanna sell it for $10-10.5k--------DIABLOGT

Hey is me again, what are you doing to the lt-1 for 3.5k thatl have that much hp and torque. It cant be stock now cuz they only had about 280-300hp stock in 95 if that. and 3grand will get you alot of bolt on mods for top end, nothing major like a set for the cam and heads together. Why not teh ls1?? i love mine, cept for the damn ta;pping it had when i first got it, but ALL new GM motors do that. Faulty O-ring or oil pump to thank for that, shitty design for the oil pick up i think but that can be remedied easily. My 02 ss dynoed at around 315hp at teh rear wheels i think and around 360ftlbs of torque. Not bad for a stock motor, best run at teh local 1/8th mile track i got stock was an 8.64 et and 80 some odd mph, which translates into roughly 13.4's. Of course like any red blooded american car buff i decided tha wasnt fast enough so got the hypertech programmer and demon street comp chip, SLP long tube headers with electronic exhuast cut offs in front of cats. i ripped off the H-pipe and put straight 3inch borlas all teh way out. SLP mass air flow sensor LSX intake SLP whisper lid, transitional bellows, and lastly i sprung for a LS-6 head and cam pakage installed alll that myself in teh garage..took a couple of weeks cuz i wasnt familiar with the use of a compute rto tune it teh way i wanted. i used my hand held dyno and i thik afte all that i was pushing around 550hp and like 610ftlbs, of course thast not an accurate numbesr but its close. i ran it again at teh local track and got into mid 7s in the 1/8th (had traction and tranny probs after that). After that i took it too SLP in deleware and got them to stroke it to 427 cid, put a new thermo in it, fan control switch and had them rebuild the tranny and put in a diff rear with 3.55s. NOW they calim over 680hp and close to 700ft lbs but i think its closer to around 650hp and maybe 680ft lbs.....and thats what i run 10s with all in all i got about 34g into the car pretty cheap when you think about it. next project is a paxton super charger, hoping to get into teh 8-900hp range and remain on pump gas and id like to see mid 9s or lower.
Old 08-15-2004, 04:49 PM   #82
va-un4given
AF Regular

im gonna gtry adn get a pic of my 02 on here with my post so ya can see it diablo, check back ill try adn get it next time i post. As far as selling the 99 sell it fora bout 12grand go down from there.
Old 08-15-2004, 06:26 PM   #83
DiabloGT
Banned

im changing heads/cams, rockers, headers, mass air flow sensor, CAI, and some other nice stuff that will get me to it

p.s. it is still stock
Old 08-15-2004, 06:27 PM   #84
DiabloGT
Banned

VIPER_10:
how fast can i get a hot chick when im in a viper?
Old 08-15-2004, 06:30 PM   #85
DiabloGT
Banned

Re: Re: why viper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by va-un4given
im gonna gtry adn get a pic of my 02 on here with my post so ya can see it diablo, check back ill try adn get it next time i post. As far as selling the 99 sell it fora bout 12grand go down from there.
bad thing is that it has a rebuilt title, but i will make a new paint job on it soon, what do you think will sell better, that bright red color or bright orange color?
Old 02-14-2005, 10:35 AM   #86
tasattack
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to tasattack Send a message via Yahoo to tasattack

tasattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 09:34 PM   #87
-Davo
Banned

And the opener thread said he's seen civics and neons beat vipers, ok, lets' put that hotted up CIVIC against hennesy's viper, when the civic get shat all over, we'll laugh then.
-Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 09:54 PM   #88
TheStang00
AF Enthusiast

im assuming theres probably people in here who dont like ford... davo... but yeah the 06/07 mustang cobra will come with a IRS or solid axle option and 465 hp 495 tq stock, u can reposition the underdrive pulley on the S/C to get over 500 hp without a lot of trouble, only costs in the mid to low 30k range
TheStang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 09:51 AM   #89
JHL81
AF Newbie

I had the good fortune to meet Brad last summer during a trip to LA, without a moments hesitation he offered my a drive in Viper10. I am a Vette guy and had never driven a Viper before but have driven and been in plenty of other "exotics" before including C5's 911's and so on.

What I can tell you is the Viper is an awesome car to drive. First impressions were that all the controls just seemed right, the car had plenty of grunt and was not in the least bit scary to drive, it felt surefooted and at no time did I feel that it was going to bite me.

Nice car and if I had the cash there would be a place in my garage for one. Maybe some of the commentators here should actually have a drive in one instead of picking up on urban myths Every car has it's own merits and as usual a lot of stories to go with them.

Cheers Brad

J.

JHL81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 11:34 AM   #90
driftmaster200
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to driftmaster200

A man who buys a viper is one of two people. A person who knows that the viper is a car that is ment to be pushed to the limit of what it can do, or B, a man who thinks that by buying a Viper you're the biggest baddass on the street and no one can take you.
driftmaster200 is offline   Reply With Quote