Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Roadmaster
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 03:10 AM   #1
thesphinx83
AF Newbie

1995 Roadmaster Estate Wagon in Mint Condition. Please Help Guys!!!!!

I just recently purchased a 95 estate wagon with only 55,000 original miles. All power, 5.7 LT1, sunroof, leather, gran touring suspension, the whole nine yards. It is absolutly mint and I would like to be involved in some forums and websites with other enthusiest. I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would really like to have someone tell me where i can get a SS impala hood and front bumper and some custom interior stuff and all that good stuff. I really want to customize this thing. {Please tell me all about this car, the motor, how to get lots of horse power out of it and everything. Thanks.
thesphinx83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:05 AM   #2
jellis86
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to jellis86
Lightbulb Re: 1995 Roadmaster Estate Wagon in Mint Condition. Please Help Guys!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesphinx83
I would really like to have someone tell me where i can get a SS impala hood and front bumper and some custom interior stuff and all that good stuff. I really want to customize this thing. {Please tell me all about this car, the motor, how to get lots of horse power out of it and everything. Thanks.
I would try www.car-part.com to look for hoods, interior parts, etc. You can search all used parts nationwide or locally. Also Ebay is a good place to look for parts and or performance add-ons. On my '95 Roadmaster, I use a K&N air filter. A little spendy but worth the money as they let more air in and last forever. http://www.knfilters.com/
Check the add-ons they have for the Impala SS as they don't list any for the Buick. However it is the same engine in both so should work!

I have over 200,000 miles on mine and it still starts and runs like new. Very fast too both in take off and passing.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:03 AM   #3
thesphinx83
AF Newbie

Re: 1995 Roadmaster Estate Wagon in Mint Condition. Please Help Guys!!!!!

Thanks so much for the advice. Is there anyone out there that has done some mods to their engines and can they tell me what kind of HP they are getting out of it? I almost got beat by a 2005 mustang and it only had the V6 in it. I want to be able to beat a mustang GT with no problems and i think it will take about 400 HP out of this 350 to be able to do that. Maybe not quite that much but that would allow my power to weight ratio to be about the same as the older model cobras that put out around 300 to 320 HP. Anybody have some suggestions?
thesphinx83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:40 AM   #4
griffi
AF Newbie

Did you ever increase the horse power and how did you manage it?Thx
griffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:35 PM   #5
Blue Bowtie
Registered Offender

Increase power in the LT1? That's pretty easy:

1. Rework the heads for 200cc intake runners;

2. Install bigger valves;

3. Install a better cam;

4. Remember to install screwed rocker studs for the better cam/springs;

The rotating assembly will take whatever you can throw at it up to about 450HP-400 ft/lb, so don't worry about that unless it has some miles or problems.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:09 AM   #6
Tech II
AF Fanatic

That is one huge, heavy vehicle, and you want to drag race Mustangs? You can increase power, but I feel you are just going to spin those rear wheels....

Actually, as is, was a nice riding vehicle, and had plenty of power, once it got going.....
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Roadmaster