Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 06:34 PM   #1
Skellies
AF Newbie

Question 89 Integra engine puttering.

Hi,

I have an 89 Integra 2-door hatch with 130k miles. Problem is that the engine putters while driving. Especially below 40 mph and during any small uphills or excelerating from a stop. A couple of times the engine wanted to turn off. After 40 mph it seems to work ok but not great.

While the engine putters the tachometer needle goes nuts jumping up and down with the puttering and a couple of times it didn't move at all while driving. CE light came on and I'm going to take it to Autozone to check the codes.

I've seen threads talking about the "fuel relay?" or may be my spark plugs. Anyone have any ideas? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Skelly.
Skellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:54 AM   #2
recycle_me
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to recycle_me Send a message via AIM to recycle_me Send a message via MSN to recycle_me Send a message via Yahoo to recycle_me
Re: 89 Integra engine puttering.

Your problem could be a number of things. You might want to check out the base timing, do a compression test, do the routine tune up such as plugs wires dizzy cap and rotor button. Once you get all that done, post us the results and we can help ya a lil better.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra