Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Club Wagon
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 01:42 PM   #1
Haskel3
AF Newbie

van misses at 30 -50 miles an hour no load

I have a 1996 e-150 van. 351 engine, 145000 mi. It misses starting at about 30 miles an hour through about 50 miles an hour. It is at regular speed that is not under load but just steady acceleration. Have done all standard maintence and 2 different mechanics have not been able to solve. Any and all ideas are appreciated. Haskel3
Haskel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:53 AM   #2
sk8fux
AF Newbie

Re: van misses at 30 -50 miles an hour no load

replace the computer in it, about 100 bucks "also add 50-60 core charge" my dad and friend at work had the same problem and that fixed it....they went through and change almost everything and my dads was at the ford dealer twice ...but the new computer fixed everything. If you look up under the dash next to the master cyl bolts you take it off from there...

Let me know if it fixed it
sk8fux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:48 PM   #3
Too Many Old Cars
AF Newbie

I have exactly the same problem on my 15 passenger Club Wagon (V10). I cleaned the Mass Airflow Sensor and it ran more smoothly for a while. I also replaced the fuel filter and that seemed to help for a while. The problem always seems to return, however. I have not replaced the computer but will try that as well.
Too Many Old Cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:55 PM   #4
Too Many Old Cars
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Old Cars View Post
I have exactly the same problem on my 15 passenger Club Wagon (V10). I cleaned the Mass Airflow Sensor and it ran more smoothly for a while. I also replaced the fuel filter and that seemed to help for a while. The problem always seems to return, however. I have not replaced the computer but will try that as well.
It turned out after dealing with this problem for years (and going to four different mechanics that all charged $400+ to do something that didn't help) that it was an ignition coil on the number seven spark plug. Replaced the ignition coil. Problem is finally solved.
Too Many Old Cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:55 PM   #5
dmainsot
AF Newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to dmainsot

First, you have to check about fuel pump because when unit sends lees pressure than engine needs, you'll feel an engine missing acceleration.
Check each spark plug gauge, ignition coil loosen wires or egr valve (if applies) and very important: Check every fuel/vacuum hose if you have a vacuum leakage.

Regards
dmainsot is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Club Wagon