Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 05:50 PM   #151
tmunro
AF Newbie

2001 pontiac grand am keyless entry

i was wanting to know if anyone knows how to program keyless entry remotes for a 2001 pontiac grand am i purchased an extra but the dealership wanted 80.00 to program it for me. thank you folks for your advice
tmunro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 11:30 AM   #152
24kt_top
AF Newbie

Anyone have any info on a 1996 Monte Carlo. I need to know how to program the remote.
24kt_top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 06:54 PM   #153
mitchy_v
AF Newbie

2001 GA

check it out

Transmitter Programming
Important
Up to 4 transmitters can be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of
other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the
transmitters to the incorrect vehicle. The order in which the transmitters are programmed is important.
The first transmitter programmed will be transmitter #1, and the second transmitter programmed will be
transmitter #2. Use care to program the transmitters correctly.
Transmitter Programming RKE Integrated Into BCM
1. Install a scan tool.
2. Turn ON the ignition with the engine OFF.
3. In order to add or replace a transmitter, use the scan tool Body Control Module Special Functions:
Add/Replace Key FOB in order to place the body control module into program mode. In order to
program all of the transmitters, use the scan tool Body Control Module Special Functions: Clear
Memory/Program All FOBs in order to place the body control module into program mode.
4. The BCM will confirm entry into the program mode by sounding the chime twice.
Important
The scan tool must stay connected until all of the transmitters are programmed.
5. Press and hold the LOCK and the UNLOCK buttons simultaneously on one transmitter for
approximately 12 seconds. The BCM will confirm the programming of that transmitter by
sounding the chime twice.
6. If you are programming all of the transmitters, repeat the previous step to program up to four
transmitters. If you would like to add another transmitter, return to step 3.
7. Remove the scan tool.
8. Exit the vehicle. Attempt to lock/unlock the doors to verify the programming.
9. Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.
Programming RKE Transmitters With RCDLR Module
Important
All key fobs must be programmed each time any one fob is programmed.
The scan tool must stay connected until all of the transmitters are programmed.
1. Install a scan tool.
2. Turn ON the ignition with the engine OFF.
3. Select Remote Function Actuation.
4. Select Special Functions.
5. Select Program Key Fobs.
6. Select the number of key fobs to be programmed.
7. Press and hold the LOCK and the UNLOCK buttons simultaneously on the first transmitter for
approximately 15 seconds. The Power Locks should cycle to confirm programming of the first fob
is complete.
8. If you are programming more than one transmitter, repeat the previous step to program up to four
transmitters.
9. Remove the scan tool.
10. Exit the vehicle. Attempt to lock/unlock the doors to verify the programming.
11. Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.
© Copyright General Motors Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
<- Back Forward -> Document ID # 633094
2001 Pontiac Grand Am
Print

I have this in PDF formate. I can e-mail this to you.
mitchy_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 01:34 PM   #154
trex
AF Newbie

I saw the 1997 Lumina. Is it the same programming or different for a 2001 Lumina? Appreciate the help. Thanks.
trex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 08:13 PM   #155
gtodan66
AF Newbie

1994 Lumina APV keyless programming

Need help with programming. Instructions advise to remove glove box. Keyless Entry Module behind glove box. Advises to reset "program switch" Found what I believe is module but no switch. What would the module look like? Thanks!
gtodan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 11:46 PM   #156
cowrack
AF Newbie

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier

HI,
I have a 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier (4 door) and I would like to know if any one could email me or direct me to programming instructions for the keyless entry. Thanks in advance!!

J

PS - I am sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot, please correct me.

Last edited by cowrack; 11-07-2002 at 11:20 PM.
cowrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 05:39 PM   #157
jmhunt
AF Newbie

Question '93 Bonneville Remote Programming

Hi -
I have a '93 Bonneville SSE that came with 1 remote keyless entry FOB. I bought another on Ebay just like it. Any help with programming it ??? My DLC has 2 rows of 8 pins that are lettered (ie no numbers) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Mark
jmhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 06:07 PM   #158
luner
AF Newbie

help for programming keyless for Lumina 97

After I replaced the battery, the transmitter can't resynchronize with the receiver. Please help, thank you very much.

Last edited by luner; 11-09-2002 at 12:09 AM.
luner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 12:52 AM   #159
FLYDOCTOR
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to FLYDOCTOR
Question 2001 CAMARO Z28 KEY FOBS

I purchased a used 2001 camaro z28 a few monthes ago from a GM dealer. It did not come with any key fobs. My car has power locks/trunk. Do camaros that have power locks/trunk come standard with the ability to add a key fob(s). If so how can I find the part number for the correct fob and the instructions on how to program it. I went through the boards on here and I have found alot of good info but I recall a note of caution about not using instructions for other camaro years to program. I have not seen any for the 2001 z28. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I tried going to www.gmpartsdirect.com but it was no help for a fob part number. ---update I HAVE CONTACTED MY DELAER AND THE INFO HE PROVIDED ME WAS THAT I NEED A 16245100 - I HAVE LOOKED ON THE NET AND I FIND A 16245100-29 - I ASSUME THEY ALL ARE A -29 SINCE THAT IS THE ONLY ONE I CAN FIND WITH THAT BASE NUMBER. I STILL NEED TO BUY ONE AND LEARN HOW TO PROGRAM IT THOUGH. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED....THX

Last edited by FLYDOCTOR; 11-13-2002 at 10:49 AM.
FLYDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 01:38 AM   #160
gagt
AF Newbie

Question Keyless entry programming for grand am and intrigue

I need some help programming a couple of keyless entry remotes. I need the programming procedure for a 97 grand am, 99 grand am, and a 99 Olds intrigue. Thanks for any help.
gagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 02:28 PM   #161
ewaniger
AF Newbie

Keyless Remote Codes

I look to buy a keyless entry remote, and find that they all have codes on the back. How do I know which codes will work w/ my 1999 Pontaic Grand Am SE? Anyone know any certain ones, or a place on the net? Thanks!
ewaniger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 08:33 PM   #162
dcpyatt
AF Newbie

Exclamation 96 Saturn SL2 keyless remote entry programming

Can anyone verify the previous instructions for the 96-99 Saturn keyless entry? I'm just a little paranoid working under the dash on it, still worried about tripping the darn airbags! (I know, an irrational fear...)

My wife is getting tired of waiting for me to get the doors unlocked all the time...

Also, is there anyway to increase the range on these things?

Thanks!
Dave
dcpyatt@jclay.com
dcpyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 09:49 AM   #163
Zephirus
AF Newbie

2002 Pontiac Sunfire keyless

Does anybody know how to setup additional keyless remotes on a '02 sunfire SE 4dr. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Zephirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 08:10 PM   #164
scottedwards
AF Newbie

Question 2002 Malibu keyless reprograming

I'm trying to get the info on how to program 2 new transmitters that I bought for my '02 Malibu. I bought the car used without the transmitters and just purchased two remotes aftermarket. Info on the procedure will be greatly appreciated.
scottedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 05:54 PM   #165
Pontiac005
AF Newbie

2001 Pontiac Aztec Remotes

I have searched for the instructions on how to program a keyless entry remote for a 2001 Pontiac Aztec GT and so far have found nothing. Would anyone happen to know how to do this? Thank you so much and Happy Holidays!

Marcus
Pontiac005 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion