Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Infiniti > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 08:41 PM   #1
glassme
AF Newbie

Infiniti FX37 insane electrical problems

I bought a 2013 Infiniti FX37 in 2014 fully loaded, navigation system, technology package and it is still in warranty. I don't drive that much so it only has 26,000 miles on it. I started having strange electrical problems. Everything went haywire, all lights were blinking, nothing was working, AC going on and off, lights on and off, speed odometer not working, tachometer swinging wildly around, cameras not working and the car wouldn't shut off. I called for them to pick it up and had to wait 5 hours. The guy couldn't get it to shut off so he had to transport it on the back of a truck with the engine running. it is now at the Infinity place for a repair that is apparently quite severe. I was told by their manager there was at least $5,000 worth of damage and probably more. Apparently some drain plug failed under the hood and flooded all the electronic components behind the dash. Infiniti has now had it in their shop for 12 days. Apparently this has had a domino effect and they keep having to replace different modules. Every time they think they have it fixed something else goes wrong. Not only that but I can't get them on the phone and they aren't calling me with updates.

My questions are:
-Even if they get these things apparently fixed will I be looking at future problems as a result of this water damage?
-How long can Infiniti reasonably keep my car in the repair shop before they decide it is toast?
-What should I be demanding at this point?
-If/when I do get it back will the resale value be diminished because of this?
glassme is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
electrical , fx37 , leak , warranty , water
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Infiniti > General Discussion