Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Citroen > Xantia
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 06:00 PM   #1
bakervo
AF Newbie

HELP!!!!!HELP!!!! Car Won't Start

Okay, here is the deal. I bought a 2000 Xantia from a friend that needed some body work in the front. The engine ran okay, but seemed to need a tune-up. The guy finished the body work and had the bright idea to take the computer out of the car nightly so that it won't get stolen. Yes, did I mention that the car is in Liberia, West Africa. Since his engenius idea, the car refuses to start. When I put in the code it cranks but doesn't give any spark to start. Does anyone know if the computer needs to be reprogramed by the dealer? Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
bakervo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 11:00 PM   #2
bakervo
AF Newbie

Re: HELP!!!!!HELP!!!! Car Won't Start

Just to give an update. I finally got the computer to a dealer in a neighboring country to find out that the computer needs to be reprogrammed while in the car. I'm told that I can get a new computer that never requires programming. Will try that and post an update. Lesson learned: don't unplug computer.
bakervo is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Citroen > Xantia