Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Citroen > Xantia
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: did you like yours
economy 0 0%
looks 1 50.00%
costs 0 0%
parts and repairs 1 50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 10:41 AM   #31
tanirdriver
AF Newbie

Re: zantia

[quote=Stefanel1]This coupé Xantia doesn't look as good as the Coupé 406 !!

But it could have! It could have been one of the most beautiful French cars ever made. Too bad it was never made...

That being said I've read in a not so recent issue of l'Auto-Journal that they're planning to release a Laguna coupé around 2007 (when the next generation of hatchbacks is launched). Although I didn't find the sketches very beautiful I think it would be a very good thing to have a second mid-level French coupé (considering that there is an audience for such sporty-looking cars in Europe).

Of course if they launched a C5 coupé I would be delighted...

Regards,

Tanir
tanirdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 03:45 AM   #32
saromaki
AF Newbie

Re: My Xsara

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichVTR16v
Hi Michael - glad you like it

Despite using a lot of fuel, it is very quick and very smooth to drive. I raced a Golf TDI PD130 the other day and beat him HAAHAHHA

(I hate VW GOlf mk4s!! )

Rich
You've got 112hp Xsara VTR and raced with TDI 130? And won? Get outta here! If you raced from 0-60mph I just might believe you, but in any other speed your Xsara will eat the Golfs fumes all the time. I'm sorry but that's the way it is. Even my 2.0 16V VTS has no chance with TDI 130 Golf from 60mph->

And 0-60mph tells nothing of your car. If you want to measure power, take time how long it takes your Xsara to accelerate from 60mph->120mph. (or 100kmh->200kmh). Stop the clock at under 14 secs and you can start talking about power. (My Xsara probably takes over 20 secs, haven't measured since I need a calendar rather than a clock)
saromaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 06:52 AM   #33
grecsy
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to grecsy Send a message via MSN to grecsy
hi all!

i own a '99 Xantia HDi 110 BHP. i'm a citroen dealer in europe, so if you have any questions about citroens do disturb me :-)...
grecsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 03:33 AM   #34
henk4
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecsy
hi all!

i own a '99 Xantia HDi 110 BHP. i'm a citroen dealer in europe, so if you have any questions about citroens do disturb me :-)...
well welcome here, this is a very old thread. I posted there when my car was at 140000 km. This week I had a 245000 km service and I plan to continue using it until at least 320000 when the cambelt needs its scheduled change for a second time. Just waiting to see what the value of the car will be by that time.
henk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 03:49 AM   #35
grecsy
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to grecsy Send a message via MSN to grecsy

hello again!

i 've made some modifications on the Xantia. i put a modification to the engine management and it's very impressive. better fuel economy and a huge torque rising. bought some new rims too, factory 5 spoke Xsara alloys. pictures coming soon...
grecsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:21 AM   #36
melopll
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecsy
hello again!

i 've made some modifications on the Xantia. i put a modification to the engine management and it's very impressive. better fuel economy and a huge torque rising. bought some new rims too, factory 5 spoke Xsara alloys. pictures coming soon...
Hello Grecsy,
Did you achieve this improvement with the 138HP kit? How many MPG is the chip able to make?
melopll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:59 AM   #37
henk4
AF Newbie

in the meantime I sold the Xantia at 275000 km, (after repairs to the fan system) as I found the C5 that I was looking for.. (2.2 Hdi Exclusive manual). I gave that one a chip treatment too and now has 165 bhp and 370 nm of torque. Compared to the Xantia mileage is not that impression and it is difficult to reach averages below 7.5 litre per 100 km.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:44 AM   #38
melopll
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4
in the meantime I sold the Xantia at 275000 km, (after repairs to the fan system) as I found the C5 that I was looking for.. (2.2 Hdi Exclusive manual). I gave that one a chip treatment too and now has 165 bhp and 370 nm of torque. Compared to the Xantia mileage is not that impression and it is difficult to reach averages below 7.5 litre per 100 km.
There is no big engine that is good in economy! The size of the piston can't go above 500cc! Anyway, the real deal will be the new 6cil HDi...

Have you had any problem with the xantia HDi running it with the 138HP chip? How many miles did you do with the chip? Would you recommend 100% synthetic diesel motor oil for the the HDi engine?

Thank you again.
melopll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:10 AM   #39
henk4
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by melopll
There is no big engine that is good in economy! The size of the piston can't go above 500cc! Anyway, the real deal will be the new 6cil HDi...

Have you had any problem with the xantia HDi running it with the 138HP chip? How many miles did you do with the chip? Would you recommend 100% synthetic diesel motor oil for the the HDi engine?

Thank you again.
I did 160000 km with the Xantia chip, I used the same oil as before. No problems, except a return valve in the exhaust system, but that was not chip related.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:49 PM   #40
Smurflbws
AF Newbie

I have owned:

a BX 17RD - fun first car!

Xantia 1.9TD SX, nice

now

Xantia Estate 2.0Hdi (90Bhp) SX really nice

would like a C5 estate - what a boot!

Fuel economy - brilliant, comfort, brilliant and the fact nobody wants to nick them! Great!

I heard rumours that once you have bought your 3rd Citroen you are not going back - is this true?

As Clarkson said "Citroen, also has a petrol engine". If it's not a Diesel its not a real Citroen IMO.

Sure your 3l V6 Xanties can out perform Beamers on cost vs spec. But it's not a diesel. nigh on 700 miles on a fuel tank etc.
Smurflbws is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Citroen > Xantia