Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Grand Cherokee | Grand Cherokee SRT8
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 01:25 PM   #1
bmeade
AF Newbie

2001 laredo shifing problems

I've got a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. Was driving along at about 40mph and it went into 2nd gear and stayed there until I parked it. Waited about 10 min, drove it again and shifted fine. About a mile down the road it went to 2nd again and stuck. I then changed the tranny fluid and filter.
Now it works ok except it won't go into low gear. It pulls out in second and is fine from there. Does anyone know what the problem could be? I've read a few of the threads on here and seen that there are sensors that could cause this. Any help would be very appreciated as I'm trying to avoid paying a mechanic or going to a tranny shop....I really don't trust many of these shops.

Thanks,
bmeade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 03:33 PM   #2
LowBudgetBuilt
AF Newbie

Re: 2001 laredo shifing problems

a while ago i had a 1995 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L that i was doing a fluid flush on and after changing the very burnt fluids it still wouldn't shift right and would wander out of gears on me.... ended up being that the guys at pepboys didn't read the fine print in the parts look up that told them to have me purchase a " friction modifier" with the fluid, an additional 10 bucks which isn't bad considering, and the truck shifted perfect until the day that i sold it (even with 35's on it)..... hope this helps
LowBudgetBuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:26 PM   #3
bmeade
AF Newbie

I checked the trouble code by switching the ignition and I got CODE p 1762.
Is there a website showing what this code means?
Old 10-04-2009, 07:45 PM   #4
bmeade
AF Newbie

Ok. Got it fixed. It was a governor pressure transducer. It is a dealer item and cost me $77 tax and all. Wasn't too hard. Just got to remove the trans pan and it's in there. Just a few bolts and a 25 torx bit holds a plate that has to come off. Just uplug and plug and is now shifting fine.

Only now I drove it out for the first time then the window regulator went out on the power windows....NOw it's gonna cost me about $100 bucks for one of those. Gettin tired of working on this D#&$ Jeep.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Grand Cherokee | Grand Cherokee SRT8