Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Exterior | bodykits | Lighting When your ready to showoff that 'H' ride, here's your forum!
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-05-2002, 09:29 AM   #31
nittanys1
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nittanys1
email me at Nittanys1@hotmail.com so I have a way to get back to you I'm selling if for my soon to be wife's brother so I have to get in touch with him and see what he wants
Old 06-05-2002, 10:43 PM   #32
m3kidds
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to m3kidds
hey, is a type R body kit for the civic the same as the stock stuff that the SI comes with?
Old 06-26-2002, 10:10 PM   #33
Civic_Jordan
AF Newbie

I am looking for this front lip for civic can anyone tell me who its made by and where I can get hold of one.

Please help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg civic lip custom.jpg (11.0 KB, 715 views)
Old 06-28-2002, 07:53 PM   #34
wagsaccordsir
AF Enthusiast

Well here I go again, this one will not be pretty.. Atleast not for the companies that sold sold me the Body Kit.. On Sunday my car was sprayed after almost four weeks in the shop. I went down Sunday evening to see the finished product. My body shop guy warned me that I would not be happy, so I was kinda freaking out.. I got there and the car looked fricking awesome. I saw the bumpers (body kit) and was like OMG WTF? He told me he didn't know what happened, but he would fix whatever it was. It had bubbles severely, worse than fish-eyes. He had never had anything like this happen to him before.. So Monday he redid everything from sanding, primer to paint and the same damn thing happened. He called some of the biggest paint shops and other body shops in the city and state, and asked around and few of them came out to investigate. Nobody seemed to understand why it was doing all the bubbling and fish-eying. So they called me and wanted to know where I got the kit and I told them Extreme Dimension/GTP International. They called and when they finally got my account pulled up, and admitted that my kit came from a improperly mixed batch of "Gel Coat" you know that blue stuff? Well they asked how they were supposed to paint it, and the company told them just to keep resanding and re painting until it all goes away.. He said "Well who in the hell is supposed to pay me the 600 hundred dollars to paint this again............. "It's the customers responsibilty, he assumes all resposibilty" they told him. Now granted I understand that I signed for the shipment; I did recieve it intact and no damage was present. Then there is another disclaimer on ther invoice, something to the effect of making all claims within 24 hours after reciept of product.. Ok so be it, nothing was wrong, but then again who has the kit installed the day it gets there? Who in this damn country will have a kit installed on the same day of arrival? Not me, hell no! I had no idea what day I was gonna get it for one, and two most body shops have to work it in to their schedule.. Surely not within 24 hours... So anyways I would assume that would be for improper fitment, because it sure as hell did not fit right. I understood that when I bought it, I knew I was gonna have to make some modifications, which I did the rear bumper was way to wide, and would not bend in, so we had to flare out my quarter panels.. Aside from all the things in a contract that I understood and assumed the responsibity, no where was I informed that if the "Gel Coat was mixed improperly that I would be responsible for a "Manufacturing Defect".. What company puts that responsibility on the consumer? No one that I know of, except....... You got it, Extreme Dimensions/GTP International... I don't know about you all but I prefer to deal with companies that back up the product that they sell.. I further understand that no product is perfect, but to say the least they didnt offer to help me. They simply said I assumed the resposnsibilty... How well does this set with you all on the forum? Gee and I alomost forgot, I'm a Staff Sergeant in the Army, you'd be suprised at the importers here that are soldiers, along with everywhere else in the country.. So being so high up in my heirarchy of work, and having to brief Generals and Companies of Soldiers trust me fellow AF'rs I will get the word out. I hope if you have had any problems with this/these companies that you post them on here and share the experience.. Also to be fair and unbiased, share the good ones too!!! By this evening I plan on posting this every where I can find to post on the internet..
Old 07-09-2002, 12:46 PM   #35
CDAWG
AF Newbie

And another:

Street Trendz
Old 07-12-2002, 03:44 PM   #36
ghetto_smurf
Banned

hi ppl, thats alot of websites thanks for them

ghetto_smurf :smoka:

s'all good
Old 07-25-2002, 11:13 PM   #37
rsx-gurl420
AF Newbie

Here is who I buy from only

I've bought several items from them so I figured I'd post it. Great people too!

Link to Autosportz.com
Old 10-09-2002, 06:16 PM   #38
calng
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to calng
body kit just purchased

Okay, Im new to all this body kit stuff. And I also knew about the not fitting too well, etc... However, it took 3 months for this company to send me the body kit, and when it finally got here (today), there were scratches, dents, holes, etc... It was a 4 piece Extreme body kit for the Acura Integra 2dr '99. The side skirts...one of them is straight, the other one is slightly bigger and a little bent. Basically, all 4 parts has bubbles, scratches, and/or dents in them. I had them delivered to my body shop, and he said that the reason for this was because the body kit itself was not really finished. He said, after he paints it, the body kit will not look good at all. He also said, it would take too much labor for him to fix it, its not one or 2 things, its basically the whole body kit. Anyone have better experiences? Where, they just need it to get it painted at the body shop, and it fits, and it looks nice? No dents, scratches, etc...If so, tell me where u ordered. Also, the place I ordered from was imoto.com
Old 11-09-2002, 08:53 AM   #39
BlueCivic83
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to BlueCivic83 Send a message via Yahoo to BlueCivic83
Ok .....
Do you guys think it might be possible for me to find a boddy kit for an 83 4door civic ?
Old 11-23-2002, 10:58 PM   #40
whoaitzvan
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to whoaitzvan
websites

i bought mah . kit from www.contemporarymotorsport.com... it was pretty check i got mah .. full urthane kit for 750.. the price includes shipping.. and i got it pretty fast too.. but jus remember it is shipping for canada and wen u recive the recpit to get a heartattack cuz its in canadaian currency.. heeh i made that mistake.. hehe but its preetty koo site but it only offers wingswest and tsunami
Old 01-31-2003, 08:21 PM   #41
evo2885
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to evo2885
Body Kit Websites

Sup!!!

Young!!! You are the bomb!!! Been lookin for websites for days !!!
THANX!!!

PEACE!!!!:smoker2: :grey: :sun: :bandit:
Old 04-13-2003, 07:26 PM   #42
gino_2die4
AF Newbie

Body kits

Hello Every1 I got my Kit from Importstylez.com they had it in stock, I picked it up. there more of an on line company. my buddy ordered a kit for his eclipse they ordered it up , only took 7 business days. I say you add them up to your list. there sites www.importstylez.com Plus they also have specials 420$ a full body kit , thats 4 peice kit. front rear and sides. Cant go wrong, The fit was really good same with the Quality.
Old 04-15-2003, 09:07 PM   #43
Mitymouse55
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Mitymouse55
anyone here know some really good sites to order bodykits from in cali?
i also need a place that does interiors in cali for a good price?
Old 04-30-2003, 04:47 AM   #44
markdt2
AF Newbie

sad part is, alot of those kits are photoshopped and dont even exist

Quote:
Originally posted by Silverbolt
Asylumms.com has messed up a few times... alot of times, but their site is still great for reference.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:50 AM   #45
Al@368
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Al@368
Cool Comming Soon

What do you guy think of this! Retails $680 Please contact me if you are interested.

Last edited by Al@368; 05-07-2003 at 05:55 AM.