Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 12:38 AM   #1
is250
AF Newbie

Question iritani mclaren mp4/6

hi everyone,
i got my hands on an iritani mclaren mp4/6 1/20 scale kit. sealed/mint. anyone know their value? are they good kits? seems like an awfully small box...
thanks.
is250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 08:33 PM   #2
icon_modeler
AF Regular

Re: iritani mclaren mp4/6

I hope you didn't pay too much for that kit!!

Value of a kit like this completely depends on the knowledge of the buyer. Fact is there are many other 1/20th kits available of the MP4/6 in 1/20th scale. The car has been kitted by Studio27 (curbside), Model Factory Hiro (full detail), You have mentioned the Iritani kit which is a curbside model. These are all multi-media kits. Fujimi have also boxed three or four different versions of the car which were all full detail and injection molded plastic. As soon as the first Fujimi kit was released the value of all the others decreased. Not because the Fujimi kit is so great but because it is so cheap compared to the others, around $45.00 - $65.00USD depending on the source you buy it from. The best of the kits I have listed in my opinion is the MFH kit. Then I would say probably the Fujimi kits followed evenly by Iritani and Studio27. I'm not saying the Iritani kit is bad but it was one of Louise Iritani's first kits and is very old when compared with the others. I think if I was to place a value on the kit it would be in the area of around $65.00 - $75.00USD. Same can be said for the Studio 27 kit. The MFH kit I would say is worth around $165.00 - $185.00 due to the inclusion of a comprehensive PE set and the fact that it also includes many turned metal parts. Bare in mind the MFH kit was nearly $250.00 - $285.00 depending on the exchange rate if you bought it when it was first released.

Hope that helps

icon_modeler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to icon_modeler For This Useful Post:
is250 (08-25-2015)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling