Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 05:36 PM   #1
KENNY GUIDO
AF Newbie

friggin pissed off about accident!

ill try to make this story short:

last week, i got into an accident. actually, not me, but my car. I left my car in front of my job on a friday morning. i get a call from a buddy of mine that asked why i parked 4 feet in the middle of the road. i was like "what?" he said "yes, its in the middle of the road!" I replied "cut the shit and put my car back" (he was a muscle head and I thought he lifted my car as a joke like me and my friends did back in the day) he sent me photos then he said there was damage to the rear. he showed me those photos as well. I raced back to the job to see the damage and I was in shock. I ran around trying to figure out what to do. my job said thier cameras didnt pick it up because i was in a blind spot. i went to the business across the street and figured they might have cameras since it was a topless establishment. well, they did!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp6LA6x5_AI

the guy didnt even leave his info on my car nor did he even make a police report. he did leave his # with the topless joint, thinking "I" was a customer. so, i called the guy and he didnt apoligize. he just replied "it isnt much, its just a taillight. can we not go through insurance"? at first i was going to but then i changed my mind since he did not realize the damage that might be under the bumper.

fast forward to today. i had the appraiser look at it. they totaled my car, which I knew. but they said the car's value was "$2500"! can someone explain to me how a 1996 firebird with 85,000 miles on it is only worth $2500? grant it, it has a salvaged title (it was involved in a fresh water flood) but it is worth that little?
KENNY GUIDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:48 PM   #2
goldz28
AF Moderator

Re: friggin pissed off about accident!

That would piss me the fock off. The salvage title is what fucked you.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:15 AM   #3
KENNY GUIDO
AF Newbie

my car was valued by KBB at $5500. can a salvaged title bring it down almost 50%?
KENNY GUIDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:55 PM   #4
wrightz28
is bring'n sexy back

Appraisers are like car lots, they don't look at KBB. They use the NADA guide.
wrightz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:56 PM   #5
wrightz28
is bring'n sexy back

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldz28 View Post
That would piss me the fock off. The salvage title is what fucked you.
You get pissy too easily. For old times sakes, I might just bust out that pic of you in your cute little skirt, son.
wrightz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:57 PM   #6
FastIROCZ28
IraqIROCvet03

Well, for example my wife's car is a good running car and with the exception of the small amount of damage on her passenger rear quarter panel, the car is straight and clean. But because of that damage on the rear panel the car has a salvage title. That automatically makes it worth like $500 to anyone like a dealership or a trade in at a dealer or a car lot. Unfortunately that's how it is and Nada is what the appraisers use instead of KBB or Edmunds.

1988 IROC-Z28 Camaro 350 TPI Modified.
Stage 2 IROC in order; mildly built A4 Trans.
Highest speed - 150mph @ 5,600RPM's.
1/4 mile time in 03/09 before I began project on car was 14.0 @ 98mph @ Gateway International.
Best 0-60 was 4.9 seconds as of 01/2011.
Highest ticket so far: 75mph in a 45mph zone.
Best kill so far: LT1 Camaro Z28 in 02/2011.

FastIROCZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote