Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Lebaron
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 09:15 PM   #1
centraliatom
AF Newbie

1986 Lebaron wont start mostly

Car was starting fine, just was setting code 24 (TPS) So I went to replace the TPS but before I ever got close to removing it it stopped starting. All I had done was remove the air intake hose and went to move the car closer to the shop. Anyway I went ahead and replaced the TPS, still no start.

Only weird thing is a few times first thing in the morning it did start, a little rough at first but then smoothed out and idles fine. Then after like 2 min I shut it off and wont restart for the rest of the day.
Only think I know for sure is coil is putting out spark, TPS is new and I sprayed starting fluid in the intake so it seems like its not a fuel problem.

Oh and it re started throwing code 24 again, even though its new. I would swap it out with the old one but like I said earlier this started before I removed the old one.

HELP

Edit: Its a 1986 with the 2.2 turbo FI
centraliatom is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Lebaron