Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > C/K
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 06:27 PM   #1
Chevyman9243
AF Newbie

Im planning on swapping out my 4.3L tbi for a carbureted 350

Im planning on swapping out my 1992 4.3l V6 t.b.i. out for a carbureted 350. This is all new to me and i was just wondering what i would need to do with the wiring harness for the throttle body since im not going to be going back to fuel injection. Do i need to get a new wiring harness or am i able to still use mine that came with the 4.3?
Chevyman9243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:40 PM   #2
Blue Bowtie
Registered Offender

Re: Im planning on swapping out my 4.3L tbi for a carbureted 350

There will be a bit more involved than simply eliminating the TBI.

If the transmission is a 700-R4, the ECM will need to be operational to lock the torque converter.

The ignition timing advance relies upon the ECM. Without a TPS, ignition reference pulses, and VSS, there will be nothing but base timing. Fuel efficiency and power will be terrible.

It would probably be easier and less costly to install a TBI and intake/distributor from a later 350 to eliminate these problems.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:31 AM   #3
Chevyman9243
AF Newbie

I have an NV3500 5 speed manual transmission. Is there anything i need to do to it or am i able to leave it alone?
Chevyman9243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:57 AM   #4
fast68chevy
AF Newbie

may have safety NSS switch on trans for starter engagement only in neutral range to bypass etc. can remove entire TBI engine harness and connect temp guage directly to old carb style temp sensor and same thing for oil pressure and etc,. easy and no problem. ECM harness is standalone separate on its own on pass side. fuel pump remove from the fuel tank unit and rteplace pump with same length of 3/8" fuel hose with a mesh strainer of some kind on end of it.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > C/K