Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
HelloLawrence
AF Newbie

My datsun dies out.

I have a 1976 Datsun 280z, I've had it since I was 16 I'm 25 now and it's a great car. I've been all over the western United States from Los Angeles to Vancouver, b.c. Canada. I live in california, Oregon, and Washington and my z has been there with me every step of the way.

Now I have a problem. My z starts, runs great until it gets hot. It dies out once it gets over heated. I got a new aluminum radiator that I thought would keep it cooler but it doesn't seem to. The weird thing is after the z cools down it starts up like a champ. Oh yeah outside its 102 degrees. I'm sure that plays a part.
HelloLawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:37 PM   #2
Cammy_01
AF Newbie

Re: My datsun dies out.

Define overheat? Is it over heating? Sounds like maybe vapor lock where the fuel gets hot before it enters the carbs and is a gas rather than a liquid.. I assume it is carburated, an old trick is to put a couple of wooden cloths pins on the fuel line before it enters the carbs
Cammy_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #3
HelloLawrence
AF Newbie

Re: My datsun dies out.

My temp gauge is broken so I'm not absolutely sure if it is over heating. It's happened again last night while driving. It putters while I'm driving, then I rev the engine and it powers through the puttering and drives but I feel if I stop revving my engine at a stop my car will die and I will have to wait for the z to cool down to start again.
HelloLawrence is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)