Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis
Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 04:17 PM   #1
armyvet122
AF Newbie

Chevy Blazer Power Window Issue

I have a 2001 chevy blazer with a power window not working. It has recently stopped working but all other windows work just fine. I can lower and raise all 3 windows from the drivers panel switch except for the drivers window. No fuses are blown and when I try the drivers window switch I don't hear any clicking or anything.

Does anyone have any idea what it might be? Any quick fix?
armyvet122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:10 PM   #2
brcidd
AF Enthusiast

Re: Chevy Blazer Power Window Issue

It's either the switch or the motor- so pull off the door panel, unplug the motor put a ground to one terminal of motor and 12v to the other- check for movement- then reverse the test leads and test for movement- if it works, then motor is okay- if not-motor bad-- if motor okay, then plug motor back in and start testing the switch- jumper around the switch to prove- or simply check for 12v between motor connector terminal when switch is activated in either direction.
'99 GMC Yukon
'95 Chev 3500, 454 Dually Crew Cab- 145k miles-
Wife's Camel trailer puller.
'94 Astro- 370k miles
'94 Firebird Formula- 5.7L 180k miles- gone-
'92 Chevy Lumina Van 3.8L 264k
'86 GMC S-15 - 2.8L 154k
'87 Buick Park Ave . 187k
'86 Buick Park Ave 3.8L 199k miles- gone
'77 Chevy Vega- 2.5L 175k miles gone but not forgotten
'68 Camaro 396 4 spd RS/SS -72k miles-
brcidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 11:53 AM   #3
armyvet122
AF Newbie

Re: Chevy Blazer Power Window Issue

Ok I have some more information for you. Hopefully you can help and this will narrow it down on the window.

The drivers side control panel has all 3 other windows (except drivers) going up and down. The power locks work fine from this panel. The side view mirror adjustment switch is NOT working and as you know the drivers window individual switch is not working. When I hold the drivers window switch in the down position i hear a clicking noise coming from the switch itself. There is absolutely no sound or clicking coming from inside the door.

Any ideas where I should go from here? I havent ran any electrical tests because those switches on that panel are a pain in the ass to get off.
armyvet122 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
blazer. , chevy , power , trouble , windows
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis