Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis
Eclipse Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #1
nova1313
AF Enthusiast

97 Spyder GST - Battery draining

Hello all, long time since I last posted! My battery has been draining constantly as the car sits.

Got a new battery today and put a meter between each positive lead as I put it on. My issue may have been the last battery but I just want to make sure what I see now is normal.

Main connection - no draw.
4 white connections (each bonded to each other)
--1 lead no draw
--2nd lead .03 amps and horn beeps when I plug it in. My guess was this is the security system?
Amp connection - .03 amps draw. This should turn on when the car stereo does I have the trigger lead connected. I found it odd that this was drawing slightly. Does this seem normal?
nova1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:03 AM   #2
SilvrEclipse
Holset powered 420a

Send a message via AIM to SilvrEclipse
Re: 97 Spyder GST - Batter draining

You should be testing your amp draw on the negative battery post between the terminal and the cable not on the positive side. You should be about 30-50 milliamps total draw when the car is off and all the lights have turned off. Any more than that and the battery will be drained. Then you start pulling fuses and unplugging things until the draw goes away.
Megasquirt 2 - Holset HY35 Turbo - Built motor - P&P Head and Intake - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - Aeromotive AFPR - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Zoom clutch - 13" Cobra Front Brakes - AEM WB - Devilsown meth injection - 3.55 Final Drive gear ratio

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i - DD
SilvrEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis