Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Camry/Camry Hybrid/Vista
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 02:33 PM   #1
dfwactor
AF Newbie

"Check VSC System" after rear-end collision.

I have a 2009 Toyota Camry XLE and I was rear-ended a few weeks ago. I was stopped in traffic and a kid hit me from behind at about 45-50 mph which resulted in a 4-car pile-up. Allstate sent me to Caliber Collision for the repair work. When I attempted to pick it up this morning, the first thing I noticed when I got in was that there was a message, "Check VSC System" displayed on the dash. I was amazed that the body shop didn't think to address that. When I brought it to their attention, the tech said, "Oh, that wasn't there before the accident?" Um.... NOOOOO. I have never seen a message like that on my car before. It was in perfect running condition before the accident.

He said he'd take it to a dealership to have it looked at and have the time-stamp on the message looked at. I feel like they're not willing to fix it.

Is it really possible to tell when the message started displaying or is he jerking me around?
dfwactor is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
body , repair , shop , system , vsc
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Camry/Camry Hybrid/Vista