Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Avalon/Pronard
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 11:17 AM   #1
HicksvilleKid59
AF Newbie

Question Best replacement tires for 2000 XLS Avalon

My original tires on my 2000 Avalon are in need of replacement after 55K miles. Does anyone know what brand and style would be the best to go with? I'm here on Long Island and we get a fair amount of snow. I drive about 50 percent highway and usually at the upper limit of the speed limit. The rest is around town. I like the soft ride of the originals but I understand that they are not the best and certainly not the best for the price. Any suggestions?

Thanks
HicksvilleKid59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 10:58 PM   #2
jerisman
AF Newbie

Talking Replacement tires for 2000 Avalon

Wondeif you've heard anythin on this yet. I have the same issue. My OEM tires (Michelin MXV4 205/60 HR16) handle great and have excellent rolling resistance and low road noise, but they are almost gone after less than 40,000 miles. Replacing these are very expensive, and they have no treadlife warranty.

I have been looking at Big-O Euro Your which are a lot less expensive than the Michelins and have an 80k tread life warranty. Does anyone out there have any experience with these? Or anything else?
jerisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 05:22 PM   #3
hotpursuit
AF Newbie

Go to www.tirerack.com. Type in your vehicle info and it will give you all the tire information you could ever want (and more). It will give you prices, test results, comments and survey responses from customers, etc.

Hope this helps.
hotpursuit is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Avalon/Pronard