Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 05:44 PM   #1
alias_electra
AF Newbie

Angry Isuzu rodeo 2000...Error code 1340

Does anyone know what this code means? The engine idles funny (jumpy) when on a low idle. Sometimes will stall out. It is at the mechanics but I am curious to know what this code means?
alias_electra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 06:02 PM   #2
rodeo02
AF Enthusiast

Assuming you have the 3.2L, this is probably a bad intake manifold gasket. Should be a freebe fix for you 10yr/120K new or 5yrs/60K used.
G/luck
Joel
Old 08-30-2004, 06:04 PM   #3
alias_electra
AF Newbie

Yeah, but I am not that lucky, out of warranty. I am aroung 50k but bought it used and no more warranty. Do you have an idea how much this would cost?
Old 08-30-2004, 07:03 PM   #4
alias_electra
AF Newbie

Re: Isuzu rodeo 2000...Error code 1340

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias_electra
Yeah, but I am not that lucky, out of warranty. I am around 50k but bought it used and no more warranty. Do you have an idea how much this would cost?

Okay my mechanics an idiot, he could figure out the code thing. Taking it to the dealer. When I first drive the car and it hasnt warmed up is when it runs the worse, idleing like its out of gas or something. As I drive faster the problem goes away. As soon as I slow or stop the rough idle is back. I do believe it is the 3.2 lit

As soon as I get it repaired I am trading it in....any suggestions on good (reliable) SUVs
Old 08-30-2004, 07:38 PM   #5
2eyefishclaw
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 2eyefishclaw Send a message via Yahoo to 2eyefishclaw

1340 is for the Ion sense module
this code could be setting if the wrong plugs arein it.
Yuo need to have the densos installed in it
if it already has them replacment of themodule will most likely be necessary.
2eyefishclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 02:05 PM   #6
Rodeo_LS
AF Newbie

To continue on my wife's thread; This started this last saturday, the CEL came on, the car was/is idling very inconsistently when the car is stopped and sometimes would just die. After it dies, it takes a couple of times to get it to start again. It has 56000 miles.
I changed the spark plugs (Bosch Platinum bought at Kragen) on sunday along with the air filter, it looked like it was helping but when I took it out for a longer drive it did the same thing.
Yesterday we dropped it off at the dealership, they are telling us the spark plugs are "not" compatible with the car, there's a piece in the throttle body that needs changing and the gas lines need cleaning. So here's my question; how is it possible that spark plugs are not compatible with a car?
Rodeo_LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 03:14 PM   #7
tomlcollins
AF Newbie

Welcome to the wonderful world of the Delphi "Ion Sense" ignition system. Here a link if you would like to learn more:
http://www.delphi.com/news/pressRele...r1770-04182001

The bottom line is that this ignition system is VERY touchy with plug types. There are only a couple different kinds most people use, and you are best off just getting them from a dealer if you don't know much about cars. You either need to do that, or get the correct Denso's or NGK brand plugs. I don't know the part #'s, so hopefully someone else can help you out with that. Good luck. This may or may not be your problem, just letting you know on the plug thing. Check the intake manifold gasket with some carb cleaner.
tomlcollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 04:51 PM   #8
Rodeo_LS
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Isuzu rodeo 2000...Error code 1340

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomlcollins
Welcome to the wonderful world of the Delphi "Ion Sense" ignition system. Here a link if you would like to learn more:
http://www.delphi.com/news/pressRele...r1770-04182001

The bottom line is that this ignition system is VERY touchy with plug types. There are only a couple different kinds most people use, and you are best off just getting them from a dealer if you don't know much about cars. You either need to do that, or get the correct Denso's or NGK brand plugs. I don't know the part #'s, so hopefully someone else can help you out with that. Good luck. This may or may not be your problem, just letting you know on the plug thing. Check the intake manifold gasket with some carb cleaner.
Thanks for the info! You would think Kragen auto parts would know that when they check in their system for compatible plugs....
Rodeo_LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 07:07 PM   #9
2eyefishclaw
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 2eyefishclaw Send a message via Yahoo to 2eyefishclaw

worst possible thing you could have done to your rodeo is putting in those stupid usless Bosh garbage plugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

USE NIPPENDENSO
2eyefishclaw is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU