Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 09:44 AM   #1
Saveabyte
AF Newbie

Unhappy AC flashing indicator lights

Does anyone know why the indicator lights on the AC, AC recirculation, along with the rear wiper, rear wash buttons Flash in unison? (top Left two, and bottom right two) on the middle dash control panel.
The AC quit, and a AC guy, (friend) checked the refrigerant pressure. (ok)
Thanks to all in advance.
Saveabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 06:47 PM   #2
tomwila
AF Newbie

My 98 grand voyager is doing the same thing. One day the door was left open while I had the key on to charge my cell phone, but the battery went dead. After I jumped it the indicator lights started flashing. Sometimes they go off after awhile, but next time you start the van they start flashing. I hope we can fix this cheap!
tomwila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 06:55 PM   #3
tomwila
AF Newbie

See message post by phlag on 7-8-04
tomwila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 02:42 PM   #4
parsonsstv
AF Newbie

Re: AC flashing indicator lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saveabyte
Does anyone know why the indicator lights on the AC, AC recirculation, along with the rear wiper, rear wash buttons Flash in unison? (top Left two, and bottom right two) on the middle dash control panel.
The AC quit, and a AC guy, (friend) checked the refrigerant pressure. (ok)
Thanks to all in advance.

7/13/04 (steve) All my dashboard buttons flash in unison too…every time that I replace my battery. Years ago, a mechanic simply pressed those buttons in a particular sequence to “reset the computer”. Then the blinking stopped and all was well. I’m trying to find out what that sequence is.
parsonsstv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 02:43 PM   #5
parsonsstv
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwila
My 98 grand voyager is doing the same thing. One day the door was left open while I had the key on to charge my cell phone, but the battery went dead. After I jumped it the indicator lights started flashing. Sometimes they go off after awhile, but next time you start the van they start flashing. I hope we can fix this cheap!
All my dashboard buttons flash in unison too…every time that I replace my battery. Years ago, a mechanic simply pressed those buttons in a particular sequence to “reset the computer”. Then the blinking stopped and all was well. I’m trying to find out what that sequence is.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:44 PM   #6
fredchicken

I have the exact same problem - battery died, boosted it and now this. I started a new thread before I found this one, its called "Computer Error?" but no luck yet.

One thing about mine is that the a/c works on the passenger side but not the drivers side - unless - get this... I put the slider, not quite all the way to coldest, then it works.

How do I reset this computer?
fredchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 12:16 AM   #7
fredchicken

I fixed it!!! I found this on the Caravan forum:

All you need to do is start your van. (if you are unsure what knob or lever is which I am looking in the manual for proper terms) Then slide your temp lever all the way to the right (full cold). Then turn the Mode Control to 'panel' (the one that sends air to your face only). Then turn the 'blower switch' to all the way to full. Now go to the leftmost three buttons. Press the top one (rear wiper on constant) and the bottom one (rear wiper washer fluid). Hold these two for a few seconds. Once the lights come on solid then begin to flash you can let go. The AC will now calibrate. You will feel the air blow out of all the different zones at different intervals and see lights come on and go off. Then after a minute or two the top bottn you pressed will be slowly flashing. This means it has been completed (I actually let it run for 5 more minutes just in case something else started blinking). Press the last flashing button and you are done.

It didn't work quite right for me the first time so I did it and again. Also he says push the last flashing button but I think it worked when I pushed the top button after it was finished.

Anyway ITS FIXED!!!!!!!
fredchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 07:17 AM   #8
parsonsstv
AF Newbie

Smile

Frechicken's fix worked for me!! thanks! (I've have a Ply-Voyager '98)
Old 10-25-2004, 02:10 PM   #9
cachapman76
AF Newbie

Thumbs up

I am so excited that there is a solution posted for this problem! My mechanic could not figure this out. Are there any other solutions if this doesn't work?

I am really hoping that this will solve the issue. Thank you!!
cachapman76 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager