Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 09:15 PM   #1
2000ram37
AF Newbie

5.2 power chip

Hey. I saw a power chip at SLT Motorsports supposed to give me 50+ hp and 3-6 mpg for $69 plus $6 shipping. 60 money back including shipping. Sounds to good to be true...what do you think?
2000ram37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:43 AM   #2
2000ram37
AF Newbie

Re: 5.2 power chip

My bad...its SLR Motorsports. Has anyone had any experience with this chip? Any suggestions?? Sounds like bs to me but I dont know.
2000ram37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:46 AM   #3
Shpuker
AF Enthusiast

my dad had something like this in his old truck (2001 Ram 2500), I think it was an SLR chip but I dunno where he put it this thing had his truck running around 600Hp and got 20MPG. If I can find it layin around here somewhere I'll tell you if it was an SLR or not

Quote:
Your quote here!!!
Shpuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:42 AM   #4
Mangoamerican
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Mangoamerican Send a message via Yahoo to Mangoamerican

It appears to be a simple passave component called a resistor pack. One lead is used for fixed output and the other is selected by desired total resistance. The pack can be of many different resistance values but it is devided internally by selecting the various pin positions. One Typical resistor pack can be 4.7K. This requires ten 470 ohm resistors added in series inside the pack allowing the user to select various resistance values that start with a minimum of 470 ohms (first selectable pin out) and each of the eight remaining sequentially increasing by 470 ohm increments. This type of part costs around 25 cents. Measure the resistance across the two wires and you will see the exact selected resistance if this a resistor pack. What a JOKE!!!!! - dont waste your cash on this! its better spent on a cai
Mangoamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:37 PM   #5
TN_DODGE
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangoamerican View Post
It appears to be a simple passave component called a resistor pack. One lead is used for fixed output and the other is selected by desired total resistance. The pack can be of many different resistance values but it is devided internally by selecting the various pin positions. One Typical resistor pack can be 4.7K. This requires ten 470 ohm resistors added in series inside the pack allowing the user to select various resistance values that start with a minimum of 470 ohms (first selectable pin out) and each of the eight remaining sequentially increasing by 470 ohm increments. This type of part costs around 25 cents. Measure the resistance across the two wires and you will see the exact selected resistance if this a resistor pack. What a JOKE!!!!! - dont waste your cash on this! its better spent on a cai
I too am intrigued by some of these power chips, but have been told to avoid the resistor types because all they do is fool your truck and might actually cause overheating issues.

Friend told me it was sorta like putting insulation around your house's thermostat and fooling it into thinking it's a different temperature (and thus causing your a/c unit to keep running).

Anybody else got any good ideas or feedback on performance chips?
TN_DODGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:44 AM   #6
snakecan2
AF Newbie

have an 05 dodge 2500 cummins..
i have installed the Quadzilla...
after reviewing differnet chip manufactures and issues and addition sensors etc..
this one does the trick and have multiple settings for hp, as well as factory. great thing about all of the QUAD chips, they dont push your vehicle to the point of causing other problems. like exhaust temp issues,
blowing up sensors 02, or other things..
because of this, it also doesnt max out the performance that you can get from other chips(not that I can tell 100 hp to 125hp difference) but doesnt blow your vehicle up either.
snakecan2 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10