Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > Mark VIII
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 11:42 PM   #16
Prophecor
AF Newbie

Re: What do you think about the Lincoln Mark VIII??

I am a Mark VIII Owner. The car is a dream in the hands of the right one with knowledge and skill to work around all the bugs that come with it. As was mentioned in previous comments, I too wouldn't recommend one to those who were not at least minimally skilled in working on thier own rides. It's it not a car for one who is going to be constantly back and forth to the dealership for various problems that can and usually will show up. I've sunk too much money into mine to let it go, now.
Prophecor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:00 AM   #17
maineiscold
AF Newbie

Got a Silver Frost 96 and I love it. 93K miles and it still looks and drives like new. I did all the air ride bags and valves and shocks/mounts in the rear just to be on the safe side since I take this car on long trips during the summer and didn't want any surprises. I also changed out the yellow headlights for the LSC optional HID's and that made a big difference in seeing as well as looking super cool at night. The cars, IMO, are fast, nimble and stylish. Somewhat picky as to tires and wheels. I spent a good deal of time getting the right combo of tires/wheels to ride good. Indexing the tire to the rim as well as a road force balance is almost a must do if you want to have it ride like glass. I would recommend the Mark VIII to anyone that is willing to get involved in the car. Maintenace and tweeking are just part of owning a extraordinary car. If you want a common car with few probs., then the Mark is not for you. Yes, they have their quircks, but when they are right, they are well worth it. Faster than others think, rides good and still gets 27 MPG on the interstate.
maineiscold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:09 PM   #18
reidd
AF Newbie

I like my Mark VIII LSC except for the work i've had to have done on it. The LSC package does add true dual exhaust. If you're looking for mufflers check out http://www.lincolnmotorsport.com . I've been thinking about buying their mufflers.
reidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:51 PM   #19
HRMS
AF Newbie

60 yr old machinist, Can't beat my Mark for comfort and speed. The best looks are the ones from the young guys who don't know who Pops is at English Mountain Dragway in Tn. Best pass last summer was 11.31 at 132.31, I don't open the hood for the 5.0 boys at the track. Let's just say the Marque I cnc'd at my shop that has a Cobra wrapped around Mark VIII isn't for show. Lowered 3.5 inches. K&N, solid drive shaft, same ride height as a vette. Auto Performance Engineers Balanced and Blue Printed, Certified dyno'd at 475.
HRMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:20 PM   #20
hot rod linc
AF Newbie

i have a 94 white bace mark and i have had it for about 3 years not she just rolled over 190k miles on her. this car is my baby some times it might not look like it is it does get dirty some times but i do what i can when i can to keep her up. a mods i would do to it would be a shift kit and duel exhaust. the stock exhaust on these cars are very pluged up from the factory. the shift kit also corrects a few bad spots in the trans like the 1-2 shift piston spring breaks alot if you dont catch it soon it will score the case and render it unuseable. i have a shift kit and a 3200 stall comverter in mine and love it it is my dailey driver befor to long it will have 3.73 gears and a posi in the rear end that should wake it up. 93-95 come with 3.08 gears stock unless you have one of the 96-98 LSC they come with 3.27
hot rod linc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:24 AM   #21
ErickTR
AF Newbie

Its got a great engine, impressive power for a vehicle that size with sleek advanced design styling, but if you dont know anything about how they are put togather Its a costly machine to maintain. The dual cam 32 valve engine commands respect from anything on the road at any speed. The air suspension is beyond compare the best system for any speed driving. The cockpit is computerized, comfortable, stylish and roomy.
The sound system is excellent and the front seats have mutiple comfort controls.
Its a big car so its hard on brakes and burns its share of gas.
The air springs are a challenge but once you figure the system out they are much easier to maintain than springs and if you want to put a lift on your car you got a built in lift system.
A slight manipulation of the sensors will give you as much as a 4 inch lift all around and maintain a smooth ride.
http://reviews.ebay.com/RR-Lincoln-M...00000001802303
ErickTR is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > Mark VIII