Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 05:55 PM   #1
Fastlife91
AF Newbie

My car has been making this chugging noise since i bought it almost 2 years ago. Please, what could this be ??

Posted 10 minutes ago · Report post
I've had my 2006 ford focus sport 1.8 TDCI for almost 2 years now. I first noticed the car making this noise the day I was driving it home, I had other things on the car to investigate at the time hence why I didn't do much about it .

Anyway, I notice occasionally during idle the car chugs, If I bring clutch up to biting point the chugging goes away, it only chugs occasionally and when it does it is only during idling, I think once the car warms and reaches operating temperature the noise goes away.

car drives great, even when it chugs at idle but I then proceed to drive it picks up greatly.

Not the EGR as that has been replaced as well as MAF sensor e.t.c.

When I first got the car, the injectors did leak a few times but he put a new seal on 1 of them and it began leaking around the leak off pipe but he put a cable tie around each one and have had no leaks since.

I would really like some opinions on what this noise could be as I've been hearing the noise since I bought the cart almost 2 years ago ?

thanks
Fastlife91 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > General Discussion