Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Econoline
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 11:55 AM   #1
WetScapes
AF Newbie

I've searched but can't figure out why M.H. dies

Long story short; 88 E350 motor home with 42K on 460, single gas tank. Had it running right after we got it a year ago moved around the yard, got ready to drive it to our new home and it would not run (could start with fluid) so we know it's a fuel issue, now a year later we've replaced both fuel pumps, filter, pressure regulator, relays, starter & solenoid, and even the injectors. It starts, runs 20-30 seconds and dies, after a couple of tries it smells flooded and will not start again until a few hours later. If I catch it just right I can give it gas and it will rev for about 1-2 minutes but then dies and wont restart again for a while. Do I need a new computer or something, cant figure out where it is or I may have already replaced it too. I'm getting tired of messing with it Someone please help me...
WetScapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:14 PM   #2
WetScapes
AF Newbie

Re: I've searched but can't figure out why M.H. dies

1 more question, the fuel gauge didn't work when we got it, when I first pulled the pump from tank and reinstalled it it worked for a short time, so I figured when I replaced it it would take care of that problem, not?? What else can I look for? Ive never had a gauge itself go bad, other than the needle falling off, but is that a possibility?
WetScapes is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Econoline