Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Explorer | Explorer Sport Trac
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 12:59 PM   #1
Jumante
AF Newbie

1999 explorer evac/vacuum hose needed

99 explorer xlt 4.0l ohv v6. One of my evac/vacuum hoses split but cant find it anywhere on line or a diagram of my particular system. I attached some pics to give you and idea of what Im looking for. I have a temp hose on but its not the right size, closest one i could find and its a little kinked by the throttle body. Called the stealership and they had no clue what i was talking about. It travels from the throttle body tube, around the back of a/c compressor and connects to a evac valve (not sure about the name of the part) underneath the batt box. Its a pre-molded hose. Looking for a part number if available or if its discontinued. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg throttlebody.jpg (232.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg BATTBOX.jpg (212.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg EVAC HOSE.jpg (177.2 KB, 7 views)
Jumante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:46 AM   #2
shorod
SHO No Mo

Re: 1999 explorer evac/vacuum hose needed

Under careful inspection and maybe some cleaning are you able to find a part number on the hose? Since you have it off the vehicle it should be easier to clean and inspect. Also, is there an under-hood vacuum diagram that might help determine the function / name of that hose?

I have a feeling though that unless you find a dealer or someone on eBay that has some new old stock of that, you're going to be stuck with using a length of vacuum hose of the correct size and getting creating with the routing to avoid kinks. You might even consider shortening that tube at the throttle body to allow for a more gradual bend. Also, be sure to use tubing intended as vacuum line since it should be a bit more resistant to kinking/collapsing than a tubing designed to withstand pressure.

-Rod
shorod is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shorod For This Useful Post:
Jumante (12-10-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 07:25 PM   #3
Jumante
AF Newbie

Re: 1999 explorer evac/vacuum hose needed

Thanks Rod for the ideas. I tried cleaning it but it was so decayed nothing but black rubber came off and the emissions label is gone. Shorting the throttle tube sounds like an interesting thought. I'm gonna dig some more before pulling the trigger on modifications. Appreciate the help. If you ever run across a part number let me know.
Jumante is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Explorer | Explorer Sport Trac