Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Sentra | 200SX (USDM FWD)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 08:15 PM   #1
AaronDavis
AF Newbie

Oil filter Vandalism

Hey people,

Just this past weekend my check oil light came on when I braked hard. I have a 2008 Sentra SE with a regular mr20de. Well I immediately put some more oil in the engine then changed it completely because I was close anyways. I'm pretty much a car noob but know how to change oil and brakes and stuff.

When I drained the oil there was maybe 1½ liters at best. It probably ran this way for at most 3 days. The oil light came on for at most one seconds 8-10 times (I don't know how many times before I saw it you know?). It only came on when I REALLY REALLY braked hard and only when I had reached a complete stop. It literally went out after "one-one thousand". I know it's from the oil all going to the other side of the pan when I braked hard.

Turns out I'm thinking someone loosened my oil filter in an act of vandalism because I can see where the bottom part of the car under the oil filter has been pulled like someone pulled that part out to stick their hand up there and loosen the filter so the oil would come out when driving.

My engine sounds fine and runs like normal really.

What kind of damage do you think I might have done? Best case worst case scenario?
AaronDavis is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Sentra | 200SX (USDM FWD)